Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 2017 DD RT to pull our boat 2003 Reinell 200 LSE - 20 foot. Looking to see how much the DD will sag in the back or not?!?
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry no pic, but with our Citadel, with the load-leveling rear, there’s minimal sag towing our Regal 2100 (~5500 lbs).

Does a brilliant job, even with the V6. Compared to our 2009 Pathfinder, it’s a world of difference. Braking is WAY better - the trailer has brakes, but you really felt it with the Pathfinder. With the Durango, I nearly forget it’s back there. Vibration from the trailer is also way better, I suspect that’s due to the Durango being unibody vs. the body-on-frame Pathfinder.

Very pleased, just get the right height hitch to keep tongue weight where it needs to be. Had to try a few with the Pathfinder before the weight shifted to the right place.

2020 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6

·
Registered
274 Posts
This was my old boat YamahaAR230 upgraded to a 2017 Yamaha 242XE that is even larger 115K miles on the the RT just hauled it round trip to vermont and hit 3 different lakes almost 1000 miles of towing on some large hills. It does a good job I'm very impressed the eight speed transmission is amazing it ran fairly cool on the biggest hills it went to 194'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was my old boat YamahaAR230 upgraded to a 2017 Yamaha 242XE that is even larger 115K miles on the the RT just hauled it round trip to vermont and hit 3 different lakes almost 1000 miles of towing on some large hills. It does a good job I'm very impressed the eight speed transmission is amazing it ran fairly cool on the biggest hills it went to 194'

View attachment 111002
Thank you!! Nice DD and boat! We pulled out boat to the dealership today just to make sure not issue with the durango. We are now proud owners of 2017 DD R/T. Looks a lot like yours!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts