Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay Greene tune or there is hemifever (I'm sure there is more).. those ppl can create a personalized tune for ur cars/trucks thru diablo tuners. Check em out..all over youtube

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T
12 Posts
Jay Greene tune or there is hemifever (I'm sure there is more).. those ppl can create a personalized tune for ur cars/trucks thru diablo tuners. Check em out..all over youtube
Gotcha thanks for the explain. So far I have AF Dynamic cold air intake, aFe throttle body spacer and a sprint booster. The poor mans tune lmao though its still like 300ish. Would you recommend getting a 2nd ECU incase the tune bricks the current ECU?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Programmers are pretty dummy proof. They make a backup of the factory settings (although the ECU can still register if it was changed, which is why it might void warranties), and most of them use preset programs for the vehicle. However, if you are going advanced tuning, it may brick the ECU. But in that circumstance, you may need to have it programmed at a dealer if you have a security module. When I had my 300m, there was a security module in the dash for the key and the vin, mileage and key code had to match on the security module as well as the TCM and PCM or it wouldn't run. At over $7k for a DRB3 programing system, there was no way I was even going to try programming my own and all I was doing was trying to swap engines from a parts car. Turned out that the original car was a California model and the harness and PCM did not match the non-California donor car.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T
12 Posts
Programmers are pretty dummy proof. They make a backup of the factory settings (although the ECU can still register if it was changed, which is why it might void warranties), and most of them use preset programs for the vehicle. However, if you are going advanced tuning, it may brick the ECU. But in that circumstance, you may need to have it programmed at a dealer if you have a security module. When I had my 300m, there was a security module in the dash for the key and the vin, mileage and key code had to match on the security module as well as the TCM and PCM or it wouldn't run. At over $7k for a DRB3 programing system, there was no way I was even going to try programming my own and all I was doing was trying to swap engines from a parts car. Turned out that the original car was a California model and the harness and PCM did not match the non-California donor car.
Wow that really sucks! Yeah I'm building Midnight up little by little with things here and there. I'll probably wait til after I move to do any tuning, I need ti make sure shes good enough for the drive and tow. I have the oberheating issue maybe 80% resolved just waiting for my new radiator. I shouldve gone after market on it (slaps face).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow that really sucks! Yeah I'm building Midnight up little by little with things here and there. I'll probably wait til after I move to do any tuning, I need ti make sure shes good enough for the drive and tow. I have the oberheating issue maybe 80% resolved just waiting for my new radiator. I shouldve gone after market on it (slaps face).
If you have a radiator shop around, they can probably make you a custom radiator for your overheating issues. A friend of mine had one made for his Chev 1500. It was $300, but had an additional 50% capacity in the tanks and had much more cooling ability. His truck was overheating when he was towing larger trailers and he said the new cooling system was money well spent.

·
Registered
2013 Durango R/T
12 Posts
If you have a radiator shop around, they can probably make you a custom radiator for your overheating issues. A friend of mine had one made for his Chev 1500. It was $300, but had an additional 50% capacity in the tanks and had much more cooling ability. His truck was overheating when he was towing larger trailers and he said the new cooling system was money well spent.
I may have to look into that option. I start to overheat when I'm hauling ass or sometimes idling with heat on for too long.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I may have to look into that option. I start to overheat when I'm hauling ass or sometimes idling with heat on for too long.
I have a 2005 and mine only overheats in stop and go traffic in the summer, but I replaced my mechanical fan with an electric. I don't even need to turn it on unless I am idling for long periods of time. I found out that cruising even as low as 30mph is enough to cool the radiator.

Having the heat on should help cool it. But idling without airflow through the radiator would definitely make it heat up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts