Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Writing to report my first 'issue' with the Durango.

tpmserror.jpg

All tires still are within 'green' range (35 and 37 psi) as far as pressure. I did not check the spare but something tells me this is not about psi anymore. Any chance I can fix this at home? I would love to avoid the hassle of scheduling the appointment...

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made an appointment with the dealer to have it looked at on Wednesday. I will be sure to give them the part number you listed (56029542AD) to hopefully make the diagnosis and repair process a bit easier.

I will update this thread with results as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: the warning and the dashboard light are both... gone. Just disappeared during a short ride to the bike trail today. I guess the only thing I can do now it to watch for the warning to re-emerge. If not, I will have to cancer my Wednesday appointment.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Update: the warning and the dashboard light are both... gone. Just disappeared during a short ride to the bike trail today. I guess the only thing I can do now it to watch for the warning to re-emerge. If not, I will have to cancer my Wednesday appointment.
I wouldn't cancel the appointment. I'd be hopeful that they can still read any codes that had ben thrown. It will come back. Ours did the same thing a couple different times. And it always came back until it was replaced.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sometimes you have to drive a bit for the system to reset. Up to 20 miles in some cases.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will be good to know the resolution is the same as the "Schizo".

Took delivery of a 2015 about 2 weeks ago & the TPMS warning for system service appeared after about 3 days of ownership. Tires are actually over inflated as delivered at about 43 psi. Am ignoring for now & will schedule service when I take it back for the license plates and/or what ever nit-noys appear before then.

At least the display provides the individual tire pressures. Have a friend w/ a > 5yr old Rav-4 that just gives a warning & then you have to hunt. Since it has a full size spare w/ a sensor, you have 5 things to check.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been almost 3 weeks now for me, with no repeat error message to report. I hope it stays that way, knock on wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts