Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango Citadel; 5.7-Liter V8, Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 2015 Dodge Durango Citadel V8. This past week I had both rear hubs and bearings replaced. When they were doing the work, they found the left wheel speed sensor also needed replacing.

I drove the car home (less than a mile).

On the next drive, I got a service light for "Service AWD System" and "Service Antilock Brakes"

While I don't want to jump to the conclusion that the shop screwed something up, I am thinking the shop screwed something up.

I have already called and let them know and I am taking it in on Monday to have them take a look.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,444 Posts
Without codes it's a guess...but I'd say the replacement wheel speed sensor is suspect.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Just as you have said. They need to double check their work.

Don

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango Citadel; 5.7-Liter V8, Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have a new OBD2 scanner arriving tomorrow as my cheap knock off one died.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Raife:
The wheel sensors aren't expensive. It's also easy to damage them while doing a hub replacement. Hopefully they will make good on any snafus they might have created along the way.

Don

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can't believe you had to replace both rear hubs on a 2015.
Hubs are a weak point on these and the JGC. I had to replace both front hubs in our 2012 Durango in 2018. And on our 2018 when it had 15,000 miles on it I replaced both front hubs because the passenger side one had a noise at high speeds. Now that is the front ones which do carry more weight because of the engine obviously, I haven’t had problems with a rear one ever, but it could be a weak point too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 75K on mine, so definitely on the early side. But the noise is gone...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so no error codes...just warning lights...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts