Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
The spare tire is not a full size tire.
Never knew that the spare was smaller until I just checked. The 295/45-R20's are 95.67" in circumference, while the 195/70-R20 spare is 96.6" in circumference, or at least that's what the specs indicate. So apparently you can run for some distance with .93" different size. They do say temporary use.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew
53 Posts
They do say temporary use.
That's the the key term here. Temporary enough to get you to your choice of tire repair (replacement) facility. It should state in your manual not to tow anything while on that temp spare too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's the the key term here. Temporary enough to get you to your choice of tire repair (replacement) facility. It should state in your manual not to tow anything while on that temp spare too.
A few times a year I LMAO when I spot a car by the side of the road with a flat donut spare, and some look pretty bald. Some people don't get the temporary part. Not supposed to go normal highway speed either.

Reactions: Don Fox

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
bbtkd:
I'll go you one better. About a year a go, I came across an Chevy Lumina with donut spares at all 4 corners. It occurred to me they likely went to a local junk yard, and got 4 "new" tires and wheels for $100 or so.
Can you say "hoopty?"

Don

Reactions: bbtkd

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just replaced my stock Pirelli all season run flats with another set of the same stock tires. Dodge has a buy 3 get 1 for $1 sale so I saved a little bit. Still $550 a tire. I ran my original tires to 40,000 miles. I wasn’t down to the wear indicators yet, but a heavy rain could make it a little squirrely.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts