Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm wondering if the Tow N Go package is worth the cost vs a plain AWD RT. Anyone have experience with driving both and what were your impressions? I have driven a RT AWD and thought it was pretty good overall and would be a good vehicle to daily drive or vacation with. Is the TnG just that much better?
Check out this video.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
Good vid! Hadn’t seen that one yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We just recently traded my wife's 2018 GC Hi Altitude with Hemi for a Tow N Go, She loved the the GC but not so much the Durango!
I hope this doesn't happen with my wife. We are trading her 18 overland v6 with the air suspension. I know she loves the lowering option when she parks in the jeep

But, alas, she wants another kid and therefore wants the 3rd row. And she likes the look of the durango more than the gcL. If it wasn't for first model years and all this covid bs I would have been happy with the gcL v6 and all the other options she has in her gc now. The price between that and our durango is basically the same

·
Registered
2021 Durango TNG In Violet
37 Posts
I hope this doesn't happen with my wife. We are trading her 18 overland v6 with the air suspension. I know she loves the lowering option when she parks in the jeep

But, alas, she wants another kid and therefore wants the 3rd row. And she likes the look of the durango more than the gcL. If it wasn't for first model years and all this covid bs I would have been happy with the gcL v6 and all the other options she has in her gc now. The price between that and our durango is basically the same
Yes that's my wife's biggest complaint, no air suspension. Being in the automotive field it was only a question of time before it started screwing up and I was not about to buy an extended warranty for it. Being it was a lease and the the used car market is so high now I ended up buying it out and then trading it in and made 8 grand. Put some of that free money down on the Durango lease and lowered the crap out of my payments.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
419 Posts
Dont forget....Regular RT 110mph top speed TnG 145mph top speed (not that I plan to drive that fast.......
Regular R/T top speed is 118... not that it matters that much. I...uhhh....tested mine over the weekend. It WANTS to go much faster as it was still pulling hard when the limiter kicked in.

It is my understanding that they limited the R/T (and even the Pursuit/SSV models) to 118 due to lack of a higher speed rated tire in that size and load rating.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
317 Posts
Regular R/T top speed is 118... not that it matters that much. I...uhhh....tested mine over the weekend. It WANTS to go much faster as it was still pulling hard when the limiter kicked in.

It is my understanding that they limited the R/T (and even the Pursuit/SSV models) to 118 due to lack of a higher speed rated tire in that size and load rating.
I think you can set the R/T top speed to 145mph with the Tazer or AlfaOBD. You can also unlock a lot of other things

·
Registered
2021 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
94 Posts
Well, after driving our TnG across the country we were victims of a hit and run, guy t boned us. 50 days later we finally have the TnG back. For those 50 days we had a brand new 2021 RT durango lent to us from the dealer. I could go into massive detail about all the small differences, however the TnG is a completely different vehicle, the sound, the power delivery, the handling, THE BRAKES good lord stock RT brakes are hot trash compared to the Brembos on the TnG. There’s also significant differences in the body lines, way wider body and fender flares and rocker sills on the TnG it just looks a lot more aggresive and matches the rest of the styling imo.

Anyway, for $4500CAD it very much is the best option available for the DD RT. Going from the loaner back to the TnG yesterday was like stepping out of a passenger jet into a fighter jet.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts