Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can anyone post the part numbers for this conversion? Link in post #2 isn’t working. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
I also believe we can use our existing center console bezel in conjunction with a challenger shift assembly and the proper wiring harness. With a little modification the shifter assembly should fit into the larger rotary knob location. Just haven’t located the harness to make it work. Still researching...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed center console from a 2018 into my 2014. Also deleted the stupid CD player. Pretty straight forward. Only issue is I picked console from RWD and I have AWD so need to find a wiring harness for the low range selector. Selector isn’t connected currently but has it been an issue.

quick question i got a 2019 console from ebay i have a 2016 limited rwd other then the shifter and handle do i need anything else like new frame to mount shifter into
thanks any help into this is appreciated
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you have the full console you should be good. The mounting points for the T-Shifter are different than the rotary so you need the full bracket from a 2018+. The pig tail from the wiring harness for the shifter is different as well if I recall

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the full console you should be good. The mounting points for the T-Shifter are different than the rotary so you need the full bracket from a 2018+. The pig tail from the wiring harness for the shifter is different as well if I recall
thanks for getting back to me this is what i have

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
My only gripe/issue with the t-shifter is that you can accidentally knock it into neutral from drive if you’re resting your hand in the shifter... not an issue in manual mode, but I’ve bumped it into neutral on a number of occasions. Kudos on doing the conversion!

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks for getting back to me this is what i have
That's the top, you also need the bottom "tunnel" piece. You can see the part number in the pic. The mount points for the shifter are different from the rotary so you need a 2018+. Same for wiring, the connector for the shifter is different than the rotary. I picked up a complete center console from a wrecked '18. Problem was it was RWD not AWD so I don't have the connection to shift into 4 low but haven't had the need fortunately

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
My only gripe/issue with the t-shifter is that you can accidentally knock it into neutral from drive if you’re resting your hand in the shifter... not an issue in manual mode, but I’ve bumped it into neutral on a number of occasions. Kudos on doing the conversion!
I do the same thing once in a while. My manual mode doesn't work with the shifter only the paddles. Probably a computer thing

I've done it on occasion on purpose when a college kid was thinking about darting across the street in front of me. A quick rev of the Hemi with a Corsa gives them second thoughts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is the console base:

Here is the top bezel to accept the t shifter:

I also go a smokin’ deal on a 2016 Charger shifter assembly but can confirm the plug into the shifter is not compatible with the rotary plug. Seems that after 2014 you can buy any shifter/console harnesses separately. Not sure what to do now!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have found a list of console wiring harnesses but do not know which one is needed. Anyone with a 2018+ and T-Shifter could you possibly help out?!! Pull up your bezel and look at the part number on the tag where the wiring harness connects to the T-Shifter?!? Thanks!

Link below to harnesses found in 2018's. I believe it is one of the "rear" harnesses judging from the pictures but I know that is not always accurate.

2018+ Front Console Wiring

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well I completed the conversion!! Fully functional. No issues

Parts needed:

1. Trim Bezel (used on eBay)

2. Console Base (used on eBay)

3. Shifter Assembly (p/n 68322226AC) *purchased new on eBay

4. Shift Handle (p/n 6FE061XPAD) *purchased new on eBay

5. Console Wiring Harness (p/n 68237144AB) *purchased new on eBay
** A note about this harness. It has all the correct plugs EXCEPT for the positive/negative plug that connects to the little center console bin LED light. All I did was depin the wire (yellow/gray) from the main white connector and ground from the original console wiring harness and put them in the new wiring harness. Not difficult at all!!

Happy converting!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts

Parts needed:

** A note about this harness. It has all the correct plugs EXCEPT for the positive/negative plug that connects to the little center console bin LED light. All I did was depin the wire (yellow/gray) from the main white connector and ground from the original console wiring harness and put them in the new wiring harness. Not difficult at all!!

Happy converting!!!!

Hi. Can I get a side shot? I want to see how far it sticks up?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Parts needed:

Happy converting!!!!

Parts needed:

Happy converting!!!!

Awesome, congrats! So that harness you listed has the connection for the Low Range selector?

·
Registered
5 Posts
To be honest, I do not understand why you guys want to change from the rotary dialer to the T-shifter. I have (in Germany) a 2017 Citadel and a 2011 Audi A8, the latter one having a T-shifter similar to the 2018+ Durango. IMHO the rotary dialer is much more comfortable and quicker. I would be happy to have in the A8 a rotary dialer, but unfortunately there is no way :unsure:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Awesome, congrats! So that harness you listed has the connection for the Low Range selector?
Yes, it has the low range selector connector but not the power/ground connector for the center console bin. I did some de-pinning from the old harness that is replaced with the new one. Not difficult!

·
Registered
173 Posts
To be honest, I do not understand why you guys want to change from the rotary dialer to the T-shifter. I have (in Germany) a 2017 Citadel and a 2011 Audi A8, the latter one having a T-shifter similar to the 2018+ Durango. IMHO the rotary dialer is much more comfortable and quicker. I would be happy to have in the A8 a rotary dialer, but unfortunately there is no way :unsure:
You don’t have to understand, just respect the time and effort it takes to change something that isn’t factory to suit the needs of the individual

101 - 120 of 132 Posts