Dodge Durango Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

Registered
Thanks Durangutan,

Now back to the T shifter. Ill try and get pics up about the install when I get a chance. Just a few notes about the install. The Autostick feature on the new T shifter does not function. I contacted Dodge to see if the Dealer can enable this feature and I'm waiting on them to get back to me. Secondly the connector for Rotary Shifter and the T shifter are different so if you are buying pieces individually you will need that harness the connector is on too. Also you will need the Console reinforcement for which is pretty much the console frame they are different because the T shifter bolts into this and is shaped to allow so where as the Rotary does is not bolted down. Once again I'll post pics to help explain better later

Registered
Thanks Durangutan,

Now back to the T shifter. Ill try and get pics up about the install when I get a chance. Just a few notes about the install. The Autostick feature on the new T shifter does not function. I contacted Dodge to see if the Dealer can enable this feature and I'm waiting on them to get back to me. Secondly the connector for Rotary Shifter and the T shifter are different so if you are buying pieces individually you will need that harness the connector is on too. Also you will need the Console reinforcement for which is pretty much the console frame they are different because the T shifter bolts into this and is shaped to allow so where as the Rotary does is not bolted down. Once again I'll post pics to help explain better later
I like the T shifter, but the autostick feature not working is a deal breaker. Not because I鈥檇 use it, but because I don鈥檛 like having non-functioning features.

Registered
Since i was finally able to get a VIN off an '18 Durango I got in contact with the guys at AllMoparParts (love them dudes) and asked them to source parts for a T-Shifter conversion. The list follows but with this caveat, I have not done this mod myself yet, I am not 100% certain that these are all the parts you'll need nor am I 100% certain that the mod will work. You will certainly need some mechanical skill and any risk you take is your own. If you do the mod help the community and post a how-to with details.
I did the conversion and it works perfect. I bought a 2018 SRT center console (I have a 2017 GT) on ebay for $300 and place it myself (I have a 2017 GT). 4 bolts 2 screws about 10 wires, 2 hours of work and it was done. Drive is such a pleasure now.

Registered
Since i was finally able to get a VIN off an '18 Durango I got in contact with the guys at AllMoparParts (love them dudes) and asked them to source parts for a T-Shifter conversion. The list follows but with this caveat, I have not done this mod myself yet, I am not 100% certain that these are all the parts you'll need nor am I 100% certain that the mod will work. You will certainly need some mechanical skill and any risk you take is your own. If you do the mod help the community and post a how-to with details.
I did the conversion and it works perfect. I bought a 2018 SRT center console (I have a 2017 GT) on ebay for $300 and place it myself (I have a 2017 GT). 4 bolts 2 screws about 10 wires, 2 hours of work and it was done. Drive is such a pleasure now.
When you say "it works perfect" .. do you mean that the autostick feature works? Maybe because yours was newer than the other fella (not sure what year his was).

Registered
You didn't happen to take pictures/notes did you? I found a center console but only going to use the shiftier piece of it (middle section)......is it plug and play?

Registered
Can I ask how you were able to remove the T-shifter from the demo SRT? I've been waiting to run wiring for a break controller underneath the center console, but am hung up at the point of removing the center console as I cannot figure out how to remove the shifter (which stops the center console from living very high when in place).

I tried all the common release methods I could find online, nothing has worked yet.

Registered
Anyone involved in this discussion have advice as to how to remove (temporarily) a stock T-shifter from a 2018? I'm attempting to run wiring under the center console, but the T-shifter is preventing it from lifting up/ being removed, and have not found resources online as to the key to releasing/removing the T.

Registered
Nothing like cruisin' up to a red light and "quick dial to park" while I wait for red light to run cycle. Go for dial shifter!
I have a stick shifter in my other SUV and hate 'em. But each his own.

Registered
You...shift into park at red lights?

Registered
Does anybody know the parts number or specs fort he 4 bolts that hold the shifter to the console base? The one click order link is not working.

Thanks in advance

Registered
Installed center console from a 2018 into my 2014. Also deleted the stupid CD player. Pretty straight forward. Only issue is I picked console from RWD and I have AWD so need to find a wiring harness for the low range selector. Selector isn鈥檛 connected currently but has it been an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 132 Posts