Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had an ongoing issue with our 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat with the car not wanting to start. It has been to the dealer twice now and it is back at the dealer today and fingers crossed it will finally be fixed. I called Road Side Assistance yesterday at 1:04 PM. As anyone knows who has used this service you call and then used text messages to get the request completed. I called and thought I had everything set up to get the Charger jump started so I could get it down to the dealer. Well, 90 minutes later no follow-up text message telling me a service provider had been selected. So I called again and started talking to Road Side Assistance with no help. At one point the very rude person on the phone told me that I did not have coverage and it would be a $120.00 charger to come and jump-start my car. I called SRT Customer Care and they called Road Side Assistance for me we got someone from Road Side Assistance on the phone with us and they said no issue we will get someone assigned. Well, two hours pass and nothing. I called back and spoke to another agent and they stated that I canceled the request??? WTF??? To make a long story short I finally got an agent on the line who finally got a service truck to our house at 9:25 PM. It took over 8 hours to finally get our car jump started. MOPAR Road Side Assistance really sucks. It is all third party stuff and they really don't care.

Registered
Had to call Dodge road side assistance twice to jump start my Challenger RT and they came pretty quick (like within 30-60min).
But yes, once it is a third party thing then they do not really care so I signed up for CAA (should be same as AAA you folks mentioned) because I need it for another vehicle we have anyways.

And also, after that I start to keep jump cable in the vehicle just in case I need it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
End of the story on this one... After three trips to the dealership, they finally figured out that I had a bad battery. They put in a new MOPAR Battery under warranty and all is good. The car starts like it used to and runs like it used to.

Registered
My wife retires next June and we plan to travel in the DDSRT. We are for sure going to sign up for AAA.
Eons ago... when dinosaurs roamed the earth... my mom paid for 2 years of AAA when I first got a car... I then took over and have been paying ever since, can't thank her enough for starting that off for me. I've used them several times and never had an issue and have had relatively prompt service. Last use was in the spring with my prior DD when the booster failed and I needed a tow to the dealer... Had a tow at my house in about 1 hour...

Premium Member
Geez:

It took them 3 trips to figure out that the battery was toast! A vision of monkeys with plastic baseball bats comes to mind.
We see more weird electrical issues cured by a new battery here than one would believe. This is why we usually suggest ruling the battery out early on.

Don

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geez:

It took them 3 trips to figure out that the battery was toast! A vision of monkeys with plastic baseball bats comes to mind.
We see more weird electrical issues cured by a new battery here than one would believe. This is why we usually suggest ruling the battery out early on.

Don
You would not believe the difference!! Car now starts at the first hit, car is now much more responsive. This is my wife's fun toy as I drive my Supercharged 2014 Challenger Shaker. But yes very frustrating to have to take it to the dealer three times just to confirm the battery more than likely had a "dead" bad cell that was coming in and out. I think just like oil changes and other smaller stuff it gets pushed off to the rookies in the service bay. My wife kept telling me the car was acting "weird" for a couple of weeks before the real trouble set in.

Registered
You would not believe the difference!! Car now starts at the first hit, car is now much more responsive. This is my wife's fun toy as I drive my Supercharged 2014 Challenger Shaker. But yes very frustrating to have to take it to the dealer three times just to confirm the battery more than likely had a "dead" bad cell that was coming in and out. I think just like oil changes and other smaller stuff it gets pushed off to the rookies in the service bay. My wife kept telling me the car was acting "weird" for a couple of weeks before the real trouble set in.
How did you put the SC with the shaker since they both sit on top of the engine.

Actually my challenger Shaker had the same battery problem and then it got replaced under warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you put the SC with the shaker since they both sit on top of the engine.

Actually my challenger Shaker had the same battery problem and then it got replaced under warranty.
My car was built by Petty's Garage and the supercharger takes the place of the intake manifold, Petty builds a custom bracket to fit the Shaker onto the top of the supercharger.

Registered
We have had an ongoing issue with our 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat with the car not wanting to start. It has been to the dealer twice now and it is back at the dealer today and fingers crossed it will finally be fixed. I called Road Side Assistance yesterday at 1:04 PM. As anyone knows who has used this service you call and then used text messages to get the request completed. I called and thought I had everything set up to get the Charger jump started so I could get it down to the dealer. Well, 90 minutes later no follow-up text message telling me a service provider had been selected. So I called again and started talking to Road Side Assistance with no help. At one point the very rude person on the phone told me that I did not have coverage and it would be a $120.00 charger to come and jump-start my car. I called SRT Customer Care and they called Road Side Assistance for me we got someone from Road Side Assistance on the phone with us and they said no issue we will get someone assigned. Well, two hours pass and nothing. I called back and spoke to another agent and they stated that I canceled the request??? WTF??? To make a long story short I finally got an agent on the line who finally got a service truck to our house at 9:25 PM. It took over 8 hours to finally get our car jump started. MOPAR Road Side Assistance really sucks. It is all third party stuff and they really don't care.
I carry one of these in my car. Stays charged enough to jump of plenty of cars and air up the tire or charge phone in a snowstorm emergency type situation. They鈥檙e cheap too.

Registered
1999 Durango SLT 4x4
This all sounds like another episode of "How America No Longer Works As Advertised"

I recently had a VERY SIMILAR experience as the OP except it was with AAA. A company I have relied on for decades but no more. After being told, for the third time in 3 hours, by the "vendor" that the tow truck would be delayed another 3 hours, I told them nevermind....I would arrange my own tow with another company and that I was calling AAA back to confirm. LO AND BEHOLD!...I get off the phone and ALMOST IMMEDIATELY my phone rang and it was the tow truck driver saying he was two blocks away and would arrive in a couple of minutes...which is what happened.

The moral of the story is that the vendor was "triaging" me and towing others while making me wait.

I filed a complaint with AAA...THEY DIDN'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS! I will no longer wait hours for their services. I realize not everyone can afford to have multiple roadside service accounts or to provide payment for a "timely" tow but it is what I am willing to do to prevent my family members from sitting, exposed to possible multiple dangers, in a KAPUT vehicle on a freeway or some God forsaken location.

I now have THREE roadside assistance accounts instead of one.

Hopefully, with the new ELECTRIC vehicles....
....that our government will soon be providing each and every one of us...
....breakdowns will simply be a thing of the past.

Can I get a YEAH-RIGHT!!

Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
Welcome to corporate America, and the tax cheats and grifters that own them. Corporate mantra - "Maximize profits, and minimize service"...:cry: The same companies scream if they have to pay people a fair wage, but expect us to be able to buy $300K++ houses, $50K+ vehicles, and afford food. Let's see, do we go help the poor schmuck who gets a free tow, or... go on a tow/rescue where we can charge hundred$$$???

My wife always asks me when I'm watching Mecum or Barrett Jackson how all those old "rich" guys can afford to write the big checks they do for those cars. I tell her most are owners/ tax cheats of companies like these, who get rich off the rest of us, while they live high off the hog buying yachts, properties, and collector cars. The American way - you work your butt off, pay for poor services/products, and get screwed while the few get rich.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts