Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, my cabin fan has been blowing fuses sometimes, changing speeds, turning off/on on its own, or just plain not running. Rear fan works fine.
It has finally stopped working. Resistance is only 0.2 so not worn out.
Bought a new fan anyway and it's resistance was 2.0!
That didn't resolve it and I found that voltage is going to the fuse, but no voltage is going to the fan plug. What else is in between the fuse and the fan that would stop voltage and cause occasional fuse blowing, besides the resistor(tried that already)?

2015 citadel

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
DD:
Thanks for coming back to give us the end of the story. I gotta say though, $1033 is absolutely ridiculous for such a repair! Did they have to R and R the dash?: If so, that would explain it, but still.

Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DD:
Thanks for coming back to give us the end of the story. I gotta say though, $1033 is absolutely ridiculous for such a repair! Did they have to R and R the dash?: If so, that would explain it, but still.

Don
They didn't say, I assume they would have to, there's not much exposed in the foot well. I know because I spent alot of time down there 🙄
They did show me a picture of a pile of wiring and connectors that they said was everything they changed. Looked like a fun time. Although it couldn't have taken longer than 4 hours as that's all they had it for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts