Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After having these Brakes on for over a week I have almost no dust and my stopping power feels the same! Easy to install and work great and not expensive at all!
Also dont forget to please please please subscribe to my channel. Im doing a $50 Amazon Gift card giveaway at 250 Subs! thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had them on my DSRT for almost 2 years now. No issues whatsoever and no dust! Z23's on front and Z26's on rear. I did them approximately six months apart because the rears just don't wear as quickly. I should have stayed with Z23's on the rear because it seems like the Z26's are maybe a little too hard and have really worn out the rotor

Reactions: Matty760

·
Registered
2020 SRT 6.4L V8
59 Posts
I've had them on my DSRT for almost 2 years now. No issues whatsoever and no dust! Z23's on front and Z26's on rear. I did them approximately six months apart because the rears just don't wear as quickly. I should have stayed with Z23's on the rear because it seems like the Z26's are maybe a little too hard and have really worn out the rotor

Good to know. I got fed up with the dust problem, especially on the front wheels, and bought Z23's for both front and rear. It really sucks having to swap out pads on a new vehicle that has ~2,000 miles because it's such a pain in the ass to clean the wheels so often!

Anyone interested in some gently used 2020 DDSRT brake pads? 😎

19 Posts
I should have stayed with Z23's on the rear because it seems like the Z26's are maybe a little too hard and have really worn out the rotor
I called PowerStop the other day to ask about the difference between the pads. According to the rep the pad material on the Z23 and Z26 is the same, the difference is the back plate or shim, it has a rubber material on the z23 to decrease noise while it is steel on the z26 for better heat dissipation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I called PowerStop the other day to ask about the difference between the pads. According to the rep the pad material on the Z23 and Z26 is the same, the difference is the back plate or shim, it has a rubber material on the z23 to decrease noise while it is steel on the z26 for better heat dissipation.
That's good information, thank you. I need to figure out why the rear rotors are wearing (grooves) so badly.

Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
315 Posts
I recall coming to the same conclusion when i did mine about 18 months ago; I went Z26 all around. They stop great, no dust, but are noisy as hell until they warm up. The colder the weather, the worse the noise. Z23's don't seem to have the same problem, so the backing plate seems to be the answer......

·
Registered
164 Posts
My z26 are definitely noisy in the cold or rain. In the dead of winter on below zero days, they are very noisy for a while

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to know. I got fed up with the dust problem, especially on the front wheels, and bought Z23's for both front and rear. It really sucks having to swap out pads on a new vehicle that has ~2,000 miles because it's such a pain in the ass to clean the wheels so often!

Anyone interested in some gently used 2020 DDSRT brake pads? 😎
I'm interested in the pads. PM sent. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
So what torque is “not too tight” on that 13mm bolt? 🤔
Thanks for the install video, pretty straightforward on the SRT.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's good information, thank you. I need to figure out why the rear rotors are wearing (grooves) so badly.
Contamination on the pad or rotor?
Did you change them yourself?
How did you compress the pistons when changing, did you jam a screwdriver between the rotor and pad and mar the rotor?
Just a few thoughts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Contamination on the pad or rotor?
Did you change them yourself?
How did you compress the pistons when changing, did you jam a screwdriver between the rotor and pad and mar the rotor?
Just a few thoughts.
Unfortunately I paid a mechanic to do it, so I'm not sure what happened. Rhe grooves are consistent across the whole face of the rotor though

19 Posts
Yeah I cringed hard at that part of the video. Here's what I used to compress the pistons, was able to fit it against the top part of the pad. If I'd been able to remove the calipers it would have been even easier. There are some that close down a little smaller than this one, I'd go with the smaller one if theres a next time because this just barely fits between the pads especially on the rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im glad the video helped a lot of you guys... I always recommend the Z23s to everyone. Most people see the Z26 and think well they must be better cuz they cost more etc so im just going to get those when in fact they serve purpose that most people dont need. I just say if you race a lot or tow a lot and use your brakes really hard then get the Z26 for the heat, but if not then the Z23 will be just fine for noise. Although the cold squeals still get to me now especially that its winter but I know they need to be heated up, its just part of the deal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts