Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, this is unbelievable! 5 tail light assemblies in 5 model years. It is obvious that Dodge has done little/nothing about updating this part. The thing is, the racetrack lights are so much a part of the identity of this suv, to NOT address this is foolish.

My 2017 just had the whole thing replaced under warranty. No way I will pay to replace this part, there is a DIY on this site to fix a deficiency that Dodge couldn't figure out.

Love the vehicle, but c'mon man, Dodge needs to pick it up and do the right thing. Put out a TSB, fix the lights.
Wow, this is unbelievable! 5 tail light assemblies in 5 model years. It is obvious that Dodge has done little/nothing about updating this part. The thing is, the racetrack lights are so much a part of the identity of this suv, to NOT address this is foolish.

My 2017 just had the whole thing replaced under warranty. No way I will pay to replace this part, there is a DIY on this site to fix a deficiency that Dodge couldn't figure out.

Love the vehicle, but c'mon man, Dodge needs to pick it up and do the right thing. Put out a TSB, fix the lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quite sad really! You would think after the 2019 model came out they would have addressed the issue but they keep sticking the same old lights in the back. I do love the Durango and I do agree that the race track is a signature piece to this suv. But at a $1000, they can keep it. Just feel sorry for the people who don’t know about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
2017 R/T with approx.. 34k with Oil changes and one recall. I did a few "upgrades" but not a DD issue. Still very happy, and not an American vehicle type of guy :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
2014 R/T with 62,000 miles. Water pump replaced under warranty at 45,000 miles (no cost to me). Otherwise, mechanically flawless. A set of tires, and oil changes (Amsoil) have been my only expenses. And we love the way this thing drives. We look forward to road trips now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My 2015 limited has over 40K miles.
The only repairs have been to fix a transmission oil leak, from brand new. Should have been fixed during new vehicle prep, but you know these B grade techs aren't doing anything except removing stickers and plastic. It took 2 more try's before they found the plastic push nut wasn't seated fully into the transmission. That was an assembly error.
Had one race track light replaced, a couple years ago. No water intrusion since.
Fob's were updated at the same time, something about the RF signal.

Now the nip-picking things.
The behind the wheel radio buttons intermittently work. No big deal to me.
The other issue is the drivers door hinges. Terrible sounding click snap and bang when opening and closing.
Really makes the car seem cheap. I'm out of warranty for that issue, so I'll wait and decide if I want to repair later.

Otherwise, great car. Oil and filter changes. Original tires and brakes. Took a few trips and averaged over 25 MPG.

·
Registered
143 Posts
2013 SXT:

Rear A/C and front dont' sync, back is either all on or all off. Took it to dealership and they couldn't fix it. Back doesn't really blow hot or cold now.
Spark plugs replaced at 60k after misfire. Did 3 myself, paid to have the other 3 done. 200 bucks.
Oil changes, serpentine belt, thermostat pegged wide open, brakes, all done myself at various points in time.

This friday I'm having the motor mounts replaced (at 89k) and finally am replacing the radiator. I think I'm going to do it myself...if I don't its 500 for the mounts and 400 for the radiator (I bought the part and the mechanic is installing).

Window cowl is warped and its driving me crazy. Will have to do that.

Anyone noticing common themes?

I see tail lights filling with water, radiator leaks, motor mounts. Seems like there are some legitimate defects with the cars....I won't hold my breath for recalls (but I will save receipts).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Forgot to add limp mode....conductor plate replacement. That was a PITA, ended up being an adventure, set me back about 400 for leaking lines after I did the install myself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2017 sxt 159000 miles. Routine oil changes. Had plugs and coils done at shop $400 but that was discounted due to aunt works at the dealership. Now I’m having another issue that is throwing two and one of which I called and asked them about and they said that it is a blank code that has no description. The new one I need to call about tomorrow to see what it is saying.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts