Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the roof moldings (not the roof rack, the black rubber moldings that are between the main part of roof and the doors)
How do you remove them? Just 3m tape? are there clips?

I am wrapping my roof and want it to look nice.

thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not familiar with reattaching, you might want to talk to a body shop to see what they recommend.

Yeah, wasn't happy with the fitment, it didn't align with the throttle body.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

After some fab work this past Fall, it fits a lot better.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not familiar with reattaching, you might want to talk to a body shop to see what they recommend.

Yeah, wasn't happy with the fitment, it didn't align with the throttle body.

View attachment 102346

View attachment 102348

After some fab work this past Fall, it fits a lot better.

View attachment 102350
Other than a crappy fit, how do you like it? I know there isn't a whole bunch of power gains but....
thank you for the pictures, its the first straight answer I have gotten out of someone.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I just checked their site and it looks like the Momentum GT setup has a straighter shot into the TB and the tube isn't steel like the Magnum FORCE Stage-2. As you can see I had to wrap it because of the heat soak from the radiator hose. If you have the heat extraction hood on your R/T then the covered Momentum GT would be best for you.

I do like it, but any HP gain comes from a tune.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked their site and it looks like the Momentum GT setup has a straighter shot into the TB and the tube isn't steel like the Magnum FORCE Stage-2. As you can see I had to wrap it because of the heat soak from the radiator hose. If you have the heat extraction hood on your R/T then the covered Momentum GT would be best for you.

I do like it, but any HP gain comes from a tune.
I actually like the idea of blocking off the heat extractor with Plexi glass like the one from JLT instead of buying a covered intake. Legmaker is working on theirs right now that would offer a cover over the filter but just over the area not a complete enclosure.
nearly $500 for a filter with the momentum GT in my opinion.

I was unaware of the tube being made of metal. Seems so counter productive to "Col Air" intakes. Or to completely cover the filter back in with a box, might as well stick to stock.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
137 Posts
Responding to an old thread because I do not want to start a new one. I just noticed that the passenger side molding on my 2017 is popping up just need the passenger door (looks like it is buckled in that spot...did not see any rust blister). Not sure if I should remove and install a new one, although probably a good idea to just replace the whole thing and make sure the area is clean. I swear, always something.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
It came off of my Charger a few years ago and I just peeled it off and left it off. Can't decide if I'm selling the car or not. Probably will.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
Body paint with some tape residue left behind. If you're keeping it I would put a new one on.

Reactions: Duh-rango

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,022 Posts
Our Daytona used black but maybe because of the black graphics we have.

·
Registered
2017 AWD durango GT 3.6
137 Posts
Yeah my challenger is bare knuckle white and the molding matches the paint pretty well. My durango is blu by you and although black does look fine I was wondering if a color matched version would look cleaner since I don't have a roof rack?

I used this company to get my color match hitch cover (it was a spot on match) and wonder if they can supply color matched moldings? I know with the challengers you can order paint matched from the factory...or at least you used to be able to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts