Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. 2018 R/T.

What's the popular recommendation on the best recommended weight distribution hitch with sway control and electronic brake controller to go with?

TIA!

~IndyD

·
Super Moderator
12,802 Posts
Hey stranger...

Whatcha towin' ?

·
Administrator
15,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey stranger...

Whatcha towin' ?
Hello tomk! Hope you guys are all well!

We are looking to get out for the rest of the year. Working "remote" may as well be stream or mountain side. So a travel trailer as we're eyeing the Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 285RLSW Rocky Mountain Edition but I think its too long.

~indyD

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango Citadel; 5.7-Liter V8, Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV
21 Posts
I think the weight on that is going to be too much. For my 2015 Citadel V8 w/ tow package (rated to 7,200 tow capacity), I calculated a max trailer GVW of 6,000 pounds after factoring in the weight of the vehicle, TV cargo (i.e family) and tongue weight. I'm thinking go the SLX 264BH for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think the weight on that is going to be too much. For my 2015 Citadel V8 w/ tow package (rated to 7,200 tow capacity), I calculated a max trailer GVW of 6,000 pounds after factoring in the weight of the vehicle, TV cargo (i.e family) and tongue weight. I'm thinking go the SLX 264BH for me.
Got a 2020 264bhw Rocky Mountain and we love it, Durango tows it great as well

·
Super Moderator
12,802 Posts
Lauren still recommends the Prodigy brake controller and the Reese SC hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts