Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not even a month old and less than 800 miles and I just noticed this.

Any one else experience this?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,390 Posts
It looks like someone tried to pry into your window. That wouldn't do it by itself. It's just surface-glued on.

Reactions: HEMIWOT

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
2,296 Posts
Looks like it's a defective piece of glass just slapped on. There's no paint damage or denting on the body as if someone tried to pry it off.

Reactions: PSU

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,390 Posts
Just more poor QC from Dodge, but really, how did you not notice this before now?

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
534 Posts
It looks like someone tried to pry into your window. That wouldn't do it by itself. It's just surface-glued on.
I'm gonna have go with this, on that one. Even looks like the metal on the inside is bent up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s not pry marks. If it even were pry marks, that would be the most careful criminal in history. There’s no damage except to the glass.

The metal is not bent or scratched.

The truck literally goes from my garage to a secure parking lot at work and back to the garage.

I’m thinking it started as a defect and it’s just spreading now. I’ve looked at delivery pics and it appears it was there but you’re also zooming all the way in and dealing with pixelation.

·
Registered
179 Posts
PSU from TCL? welcome!

looks like bad glass with air pockets.

mine at the edges, the glue isn't uniform.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Gadget

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PSU from TCL? welcome!

looks like bad glass with air pockets.

mine at the edges, the glue isn't uniform.
Yessir! Thank you! Small world isn’t it lol.

My local dealer told me to pound sand and to take it back to the dealer I bought it from. Still waiting to hear back.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
PSU:
I guess you know now what that "dealer" thinks about customer service. I would bypass the dealer for now, and reach out to the SRT group. Hopefully they will grease the skids a bit, so you'll have a better dealer experience.

Don

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PSU:
I guess you know now what that "dealer" thinks about customer service. I would bypass the dealer for now, and reach out to the SRT group. Hopefully they will grease the skids a bit, so you'll have a better dealer experience.

Don
Yessir! SMH.

Thank you! What’s the method to contacting them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts