Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the driver side rear heated seat (captains chairs) will not stay on. The button illuminates for a couple seconds but then shuts off. Does anyone have a similar problem? Nothing on the web for a fix. Other Dodge issues seem to point to Heated Seat Control Module. Anyone know where this is located for the rear heated captian's chairs? :mad:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hard to believe I am the only guy with this problem! Oh well I will just search the web a little more.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Have checked to make sure the wiring didn't get pinched when flipping the seats? Thinking out loud

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was looking t the seat up and down and do not see where the wires are routed? May have to pull it apart? was thinking that the module may be in the center console as I hear a clicking noise when I turn the switch on. Unfortunately I have rear DVD system so that will not be easy either!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
The wiring is going to be near the pivot points where the seat back meets the bottom. I wonder if it's possible to test the polarity of the seat back and seat bottom independently of each other.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill just poke around a little and check on the wires? I wish I new where the control module was located, for $50 or so I would change it out no problem to see if that was the issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is someone sitting in the seat when you turn it on? The passenger front seat in my 14' RAM would not stay on if no one was sitting there...I tried keeping pizza warm on the way home but it wouldn't work. Must be some kind of weight sensor? Don't know if its the same in back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good question! My 11 Year old was seated there the other day but he is pushing 75 lbs at best! I was trying to turn it on with no one in the seat. Will check it today.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok easy fix! Feed my oldest son some more!! When I am seated int he seat it stays on? Must have been an update because if I can recall, the heated seat would turn on without anyone in it?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Odd, I believe the seat heaters for my captain chairs work with my kids, 50lbs and 58lbs

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill try again with my oldest and see. They stayed on when I was sitting in them?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you ever find the issue? Mine just started doing this. Was working last winter for my son, now it stays on for a few seconds and goes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts