Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, been loving my RT for awhile still only has 6k miles on it, at 2-3K had to have the rear main seal changed which seemed to be a common problem on the 2018s but the other day I was first at the light and some idiot seen the green arrow and floored into the rear of the D - I was so pissed but long story short the damage wasn't bad as it felt. Minor crease in the rear tailgate and the lower fascia with a couple of scuffs, and dent in hitch cover. So my question is... -

Will a SRT rear lower/middle valance/fascia fit on the rear of the RT bumper?
Are the fender flares the same, couldn't find a difference in part #s online, just wondering if someone can confirm that?
Do I have to take the whole bumper to remove the valance?

Thanks in advance - And stupid core charges on bumpers is just uncalled for...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The lower (bottom) rear valance panel and wheel fender lip on SRT are different, but the major part of the rear bumper ‘looks’ the same between RT & SRT, at least from the outside.
The SRT wheel lip mounding sticks out farther, presumably to manage tire spray in wet weather with the wider wheels and tires, and the rear bottom panel has a matching contour to fit the protruding wheel lip trim piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes let me know, i'm curious.. and how it looks and how removal and install goes as well thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay, been loving my RT for awhile still only has 6k miles on it, at 2-3K had to have the rear main seal changed which seemed to be a common problem on the 2018s but the other day I was first at the light and some idiot seen the green arrow and floored into the rear of the D - I was so pissed but long story short the damage wasn't bad as it felt. Minor crease in the rear tailgate and the lower fascia with a couple of scuffs, and dent in hitch cover. So my question is... -

Will a SRT rear lower/middle valance/fascia fit on the rear of the RT bumper?
Are the fender flares the same, couldn't find a difference in part #s online, just wondering if someone can confirm that?
Do I have to take the whole bumper to remove the valance?

Thanks in advance - And stupid core charges on bumpers is just uncalled for...
Hi. So guess what. I did this swap a few days ago. I swap out my lower SXT rear valance with an SRT one. It fits like a glove. The only thing tho. The ends connectS to the fenders flares stick out more?

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can see in this picture where the open gap shows that the non-SRT wheel lip is flush against the bodywork, but the SRT lip protrudes and fits perfectly into this empty gap, this same non matching fitment issue repeats at the under-the-door rocker filler panel.

I believe the front half of the SRT wheel lip moulding, where it mates up to the front bumper at the bottom is the same between models, the front bottom edge of the SRT style front tire lip moulding flattens out near the bottom to meet the lower bumper contour.

So to make a full matching set you would have to swap out both rockers, all four wheel lip moulding to match up to the rear lower valance panel.

The front lower bumper will likely fit matching up to both style wheel lip mouldings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts