Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here but have owned my Durango since I bought it new. It's a 2014 Rallye edition an we love it. The other day the rear a/c stopped blowing. Can not control from the front or rear. Front works fine. Can anyone tell me if there is a relay for the rear motor an if so where it is located? Also resistors an where they are located. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have a 1 ur old who needs his air!! Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Fuse F37 in the PDC (under the hood)?

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
It is probably behind the trim in one of the rear quarter panels.. I'd guess it is non-trivial to get at. But I don't *know*

there is an electronic control module mounted on the assembly that deals with the blower etc... apparently no old-school resistor block.

Haven't heard about many rear blower failures here, so not a lot to go on.. but definitely checking fuses would be an OK thing to do..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is probably behind the trim in one of the rear quarter panels.. I'd guess it is non-trivial to get at. But I don't *know*

there is an electronic control module mounted on the assembly that deals with the blower etc... apparently no old-school resistor block.

Haven't heard about many rear blower failures here, so not a lot to go on.. but definitely checking fuses would be an OK thing to do..
Thanks! Yeh ive searched up an down an can not find much info at all. Ive checked the fuses an relays an they seem to be all ok. Will double check them make sure i didn't over look one. If not, will try to locate the blower motor an hook it up to a 12v source an see if it kicks on.

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
You can buy a 3-day pass to techauthority, which should give you all the shop manual info.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Rear Blower Diagram Overall 1.jpg Rear Blower Diagram Overall 2.jpg

Here is what I could find for the 2014 rear blower electrical diagrams.

In looking in my relatively expensive Factory Service Manual on DVD for my 2014 Durango, I could not find any text related to the rear HVAC unit. Once again, this manual is no where as good as the Chrysler factory manuals were just 10 years ago, let alone 20 or 30 years ago.

One thing to note is apparently there is a "rear fan sense" signal. Do you have the ability to read the engine codes and see if the control module has reported internally that the rear fan is not working?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, I do have a scanner an its currently not throwing any codes. I took it to the dealership today an they said it was the blower motor an possibly the ac module. They want 600 to repair. If I can figure out how to get the right rear trim quarter panel off im just going to replace myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to jump on an old post, but I'm having this same issue with my 2014 Durango. Were you able to get the panel off, and fix the problem? Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To update this for anyone in the future. I took all the panels off to get to the rear ac blower and the connector was burnt. I knew the ac motor was prob bad at this point but didn't have replacement yet. So I fixed the connector which lasted about 2-3 months before the ac motor just went completely out. Replaced the ac motor and have been good ever since. Takes a little time to take all the panels off to get to the motor but if you find a tutorial online and go slow it's not bad at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To update this for anyone in the future. I took all the panels off to get to the rear ac blower and the connector was burnt. I knew the ac motor was prob bad at this point but didn't have replacement yet. So I fixed the connector which lasted about 2-3 months before the ac motor just went completely out. Replaced the ac motor and have been good ever since. Takes a little time to take all the panels off to get to the motor but if you find a tutorial online and go slow it's not bad at all. Good luck.
So where exactly is the ac motor? I have the same problem but I don't want to take off all the panels, could you point out which ones I need to take out to get to the motor?

Much appreciated!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
Xanozuke
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing