Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can you just bolt on the SRT exhaust manifolds/down pipe?
I would think that would line up with the exhaust and you'd just need a reducer to join the larger downpipe up...no?
I'm using the SRT manifolds, but not the mid pipes. So, I am having the flange and flared end cut off my stock mid pipes and new 3" ones welded on. There is also a difference in manifold length that has to be accounted for. And btw, mid pipes are $1200 per side.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wasn't able to get the pipes done today, but I did get the SRT valve covers I ordered. Pipe will get done tomorrow and by the evening, I should be rolling.
20200824_174615.jpg
20200824_174602.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Seems relatively plug and play with the exception of the exhaust

2020 Dodge Durango R/T AWD White Knuckle

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So yesterday I had the exhaust finished and now she's drivable. I did have a hiccup due to my own stupidity though. It was trying to overheat and it took me a while to figure out that the plug that was in the water pump for shipping, didn't get removed 🤡. So.. after hours of looking and speculating and freaking out, I found it had pushed from the water pump to the lower radiator neck. Whew, what a relief. My brain went to worse case scenario, that it was a head gasket leak or worse yet, a cracked head. After that, everyting is awesome. No engine light, runs smooth and strong. I can only go half throttle or less right now and it's killing me. Can't wait to get it dyno tuned!
20200826_190410.jpg
20200826_123606.jpg
20200826_123600.jpg

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
DOH!!!
Well things can happen given the speed you guys were working at...but well done and keep the updates coming!!!
Who is going to dyno tune?
Allpar garage?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
DOH!!!
Well things can happen given the speed you guys were working at...but well done and keep the updates coming!!!
Who is going to dyno tune?
Allpar garage?
It was between Allpar and Injected Engineering. I went with IE because they gave me alot of good advice and I visited with them and talked to Tyler for about an hour. They do great work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, it's an additional $400. My budget is shot right now, so it will have to wait. Just the motor tune is $600.
What is the ballpark figure of what the swap ran you if you don’t mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
What is the ballpark figure of what the swap ran you if you don’t mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will be close to $8500 after the tune.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just posted another YouTube video recapping the install and parts that I needed and the overall experience.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just watched all 9 parts of your epic engine swap series, Tony. The videos were brilliant in how they detailed what was done and what was next to be done. Mad props to you, brother. Well done!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts