Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tony, is this a plug and play? :) a DIY project?

Reactions: Tony H

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, cat deleted
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony, is this a plug and play? :) a DIY project?
Yep. Very excited. It's been quite a while since I have done an engine swap. All plug n play with the exception of the exhaust. There will be some fabrication there.

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, cat deleted
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please put together a thread on the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll do my best to film when I can. Anybody in Georgia want to come be a camera man or woman?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,704 Posts
It's HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE !

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Making progress. Got it mostly done today. Motor is in. Will try to post pics later.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So... all finished today with the swap with the exception of the exhaust. I have to get some cutting and welding done. I posted some really bad videos on YouTube. WARNINIG: I am not a YouTuber, so I don't want to hear any criticism. Y'all are lucky I was able to slow down enough to make those. My channel is my name, Tony Harmsen. So check it out. I will update as I get the exhaust finished and then the dyno tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice! Did you take it out from the top or bottom. Did you swap the trans also?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! Did you take it out from the top or bottom. Did you swap the trans also?
Dropped out of the bottom. Same transmission.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tony- the videos were awesome! Nicely done sir!!! The motor sounds great too! Now did you also have to swap the ecu as well?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tony- the videos were awesome! Nicely done sir!!! The motor sounds great too! Now did you also have to swap the ecu as well?

No. The motor will run on the factory 5.7 tune, but not to it's full potential. That's why I will be getting it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So... all finished today with the swap with the exception of the exhaust. I have to get some cutting and welding done. I posted some really bad videos on YouTube. WARNINIG: I am not a YouTuber, so I don't want to hear any criticism. Y'all are lucky I was able to slow down enough to make those. My channel is my name, Tony Harmsen. So check it out. I will update as I get the exhaust finished and then the dyno tune.
Awesome. Thanks for putting up the vids

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Can you just bolt on the SRT exhaust manifolds/down pipe?
I would think that would line up with the exhaust and you'd just need a reducer to join the larger downpipe up...no?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts