Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Recently sold my Durango 2003 SLT Plus AWD and picked up a new Daily Driver/Winter Mobile.

2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L Hemi AWD.

I picked it up with 131,500 miles on it, clean carfax with 2 previous owners.

Overall, this is in great shape. Just some rust in the 4 corners of the running boards/body area.

I think this has every option available, except a Moonroof (which I really would have enjoyed, but oh well).

I created an update thread in the Durango GenII section, as I think there is more traffic there, but I can reply to either if posts are made.

Here is the link to the Update thread. (I just use these to post any updates made, as I am a dork and like to see my history)
http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/durango-discussions-2004-09/65418-rawyzf-2009-chrysler-aspen-limited-5-7l-hemi-awd-update-thread.html

Pic:

Aspen.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice !! Looks like it has the J package with 3.92 gearing I am guessing ?? The front tow hooks usually indicate that. Second row captains chairs or the standard bench ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I really do enjoy it.

I have the original window sticker, and see it has the 28J Customer Preferred Pkg. It does have the have the second row captains (one of main reasons for the Apsen). I can't seem to find the gearing on the window sticker, but maybe if I google the VIN I can find it. It also has the Trailer Tow Group (Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, HD Service Group, Class 4 hitch, 7/4 Harness)

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
Rawyz:
Nice looking Aspen you found there! You should be able to look up at the front axle housing about mid way across and see a white label that will tell you 3.55 or 3.92.
If you don't have documentation that the fluids have been serviced on schedule, then coolant, T case, trans and front/rear diffs ought to have a drain/refill to be sure they are in good shape. I think Dodge was still putting Champion Coppers in the Hemi in 09. If so, they are spec'ed for a 30K interval. You can run them 50K, but I would not go beyond that. They are a whopping ~$2 each, so 16 of them isn't that costly.

Don

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rawyz:
Nice looking Aspen you found there! You should be able to look up at the front axle housing about mid way across and see a white label that will tell you 3.55 or 3.92.
If you don't have documentation that the fluids have been serviced on schedule, then coolant, T case, trans and front/rear diffs ought to have a drain/refill to be sure they are in good shape. I think Dodge was still putting Champion Coppers in the Hemi in 09. If so, they are spec'ed for a 30K interval. You can run them 50K, but I would not go beyond that. They are a whopping ~$2 each, so 16 of them isn't that costly.

Don
Thanks Don!

I did the TC and F/R Diffs. Trans fluid looks clean and smells fresh, so I'll hold off on that until next spring.

I should check the plugs, like you said, it's just a few bucks to sanity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
IIRC, if you have the Tow Package then you get the 3.92 gears. We have an '07 with tow package and 172K miles, purchased new, 3.92 gears. Its been a great vehicle. I think you'll enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IIRC, if you have the Tow Package then you get the 3.92 gears. We have an '07 with tow package and 172K miles, purchased new, 3.92 gears. Its been a great vehicle. I think you'll enjoy your new ride.
Great, thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did I miss this thread?? Nice Aspen my friend!!

Where did you get the headlights?
Thank you. I'm enjoying it :)

Headlights were on ebay, DT Moto was the seller. They are like $130 for the pair.

I need to adjust these, drinking home last night I realized these are pointed down too far. I could barely see past 10ft in front of me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
Excellent... if you have a link to the listing for those lights, I'd like to see it if possible. I doubt I will find them for my 07 but I would really like them... For whatever reason, Dodge skipped the headlights when they put the Night Runner package on the D. They gave them to the Ram and Dakota of course.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent... if you have a link to the listing for those lights, I'd like to see it if possible. I doubt I will find them for my 07 but I would really like them... For whatever reason, Dodge skipped the headlights when they put the Night Runner package on the D. They gave them to the Ram and Dakota of course.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Black-2007-2008-2009-Chrysler-Aspen-Headlights-Headlamps-Aftermarket-Left-Right-/132357879304?txnId=1489101066003

Aspen link above. I see tons for the 04/05 D, but nothing for the 07, 08, 09. The link below says 04-08, but I'm not sure that is right as I thought they were different after 06.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/For-04-08-Durango-Darkside-Black-Smoked-Headlights-Replacement-LH-RH/351928465889?fits=Model:Durango&epid=2072289844&hash=item51f09239e1:g:oXAAAOSwvR5aAheZ&_pgn=2&_nkw=Durango+Black+headlights&_from=R40&rt=nc

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts
Thanks. Yes they changed after 06. And of course, none available for me. Yours are exactly what I'm looking for. Darn you Chrysler and your added underbump design!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You'll have to get creative and maybe open up a set and paint inside yourself.

Thanks. Yes they changed after 06. And of course, none available for me. Yours are exactly what I'm looking for. Darn you Chrysler and your added underbump design!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Attaching some fresh pics, daylight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
5 Participants
Rawyzf
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing