Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few drives, I've noticed a rattle noise that I cannot pinpoint. The sound varies in severity with it being very noticeable at WOT and faint at cruising speeds. It's gotten worse. The sound is reminiscent of like a cellphone vibrating on a hard surface. It's kind of clicking/rattling. The sound is coming from the left of the steering wheel. It doesn't appear to be coming from the engine bay. It sounds more in the dash region like deep in the air vent in that area. Unfortunately I can't be more descriptive because I cannot pinpoint the exact area. It's deep in there. Sounds like something needs to be tightened up. All I know is that it didn't do this before and it's getting progressively worse. I'm going in for a scheduled maintenance soon and I'll ask then, but I didn't know if anyone had advice. It's getting to point where at cruising speed it's faint enough to be ANNOYING. Any advice??

·
Registered
166 Posts
If possible I'd try and record it with your phone to show the service guys otherwise you'll probably just get a "could not replicate customer issue".

You mentioned the air vent area, does it change at all if you turn the blower up to high?

I know you said it doesn't sound like the engine bay, but sounds can be deceiving, maybe something lose rattling/vibrating with your CAI.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just found it. There's a wire that runs along the outer edge of the hood (forgive my ignorance for not knowing what it's called) and it's held in by little plastic looking rivets and one of them had come loose from its respective hole. Popped it back in and it is fine. I went searching through the archives of other posts from other sites and found out! I'm relieved

1 - 3 of 3 Posts