Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a video from Infotainment’s site that the 2014 radio 8.4 can be upgraded to the newer 8.4 with CarPlay and the USB port has to be changed too anyone know what is needed and part number for reference to look a wreaking yards for the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the 14 I believe you also need the rear climate control...attached is the part number for the usb hub

·
Registered
427 Posts
For the 14 I believe you also need the rear climate control...attached is the part number for the usb hub

You only need that piece if you want/need the rear climate control to be able to operate independently of the front (I.e. not mirror the front settings). If that doesn’t matter to you, then you can omit it (or do it later), and the carplay stuff still works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See seen that in order for heated cooled seats or heated steering wheel to work another module is needed is this true

·
Registered
135 Posts
See seen that in order for heated cooled seats or heated steering wheel to work another module is needed is this true

Per infotainment, this is the module needed to kept heated seats/steering wheel on the 13/14
IMG_9068.png

·
Registered
427 Posts

It is 100% required if you want it to work. If you don’t care about those things, the HU will still function properly you just won’t have the heated/cooled options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts