Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed mine this morning. Instructions said it would take 30 minutes and that once the update was complete the radio would restart. It didn't. Waited slightly over an hour and out of desperation pressed the on button on the dash and got the update complete screen. Then the instructions said to do a restart. I did. And I lost all of my presets, my phone connectivity, everything. So I have spent most of this afternoon trying to get all of that redone. Understand, I'm an old fart and the Hellcat is the only vehicle I've ever owned with all of this new fangled crap and it has been a year since I set everything up the first time. Most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast so it has been an adventure. Haven't driven it yet so I don't know what issues might pop up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I installed mine this morning. Instructions said it would take 30 minutes and that once the update was complete the radio would restart. It didn't. Waited slightly over an hour and out of desperation pressed the on button on the dash and got the update complete screen. Then the instructions said to do a restart. I did. And I lost all of my presets, my phone connectivity, everything. So I have spent most of this afternoon trying to get all of that redone. Understand, I'm an old fart and the Hellcat is the only vehicle I've ever owned with all of this new fangled crap and it has been a year since I set everything up the first time. Most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast so it has been an adventure. Haven't driven it yet so I don't know what issues might pop up.
I recently received this USB update as well and I'm hesitant to install it. I have zero issues with mine and now I wonder if I should do it or not. Someone convince me otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
I recently received this USB update as well and I'm hesitant to install it. I have zero issues with mine and now I wonder if I should do it or not. Someone convince me otherwise.
Ollie,

Just do it! No harm will come and 17.99 is an acceptable version the damn Durangos should have been delivered with.
Why, it has the features that Dodge touted in 2020 about the new 2021 Uconnect. It took them 2 damn years for Dodge to fix the firmware to a respectable version although still has issues but not enough to cause me ot hate it like I did prior to 17.99

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with Vice-White. I finally figured out the proper way to set presets on Syrius radio and so far have had no issues with mine. Drove the Ammo Can to town and back last night and had no obvious problems. We'll see what happens long term.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with Vice-White. I finally figured out the proper way to set presets on Syrius radio and so far have had no issues with mine. Drove the Ammo Can to town and back last night and had no obvious problems. We'll see what happens long term.
BTW, Friday was the one year anniversary of me flying to Tulsa, taking possession of the Ammo Can and making a 340 mile road trip home. Yesterday, doing the update, the odometer was exactly 7000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
So the update is not available threw the uconnect firmware site?
The Uconnect website is very outdated with the information it provides.
The Uconnect branch of Mother Mopar just plain SUCKS!

Reactions: S8ER01Z

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny story .. received my update in the mail the same day I dropped off my Durango off at the dealer for some A/C Work, they did the update while it was there .All went well (except losing all presets and phone information ) no big deal and is to be expected with this type of up-date

CG

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received in the mail and installed the other day, didn't have any issues other than having to add my favorite stations again. Only annoying thing now is many of the Sirius stations just says "Sirius" on the thumbnail/preset so you don't know what station it is until you actually select it and look on the main screen. Hope this gets fixed soon seems small but when you have 2 or 3 presets that just says "Sirius" you can't know what it is unless you know your stations well enough to know which spot its in. Other than that no new features that I noticed.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
I received in the mail and installed the other day, didn't have any issues other than having to add my favorite stations again. Only annoying thing now is many of the Sirius stations just says "Sirius" on the thumbnail/preset so you don't know what station it is until you actually select it and look on the main screen. Hope this gets fixed soon seems small but when you have 2 or 3 presets that just says "Sirius" you can't know what it is unless you know your stations well enough to know which spot its in. Other than that no new features that I noticed.
That is really strange. I don't have that issue at least with music stations.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
I do recall after upgrading with the flash, nothing worked right for a couple of hours my themes with the helmut head was not available as well as other things. The next morning everything worked.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is this update for all uconnect’s or just subscribed ones or what? I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts