Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango Limited AWD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a bumper to bumper warranty that would swap me for my LEDs and get theirs repaired? I'll pay shipping for both and $100. Not my pic, but exactly what's wrong with mine.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you have a warranty left, he wants your good lights, he will send you his bad lights, then you take your truck in for warranty repair. You'll earn $100 for your trouble. Not endorsing this move, just translating what I think he is saying.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you have a warranty left, he wants your good lights, he will send you his bad lights, then you take your truck in for warranty repair. You'll earn $100 for your trouble. Not endorsing this move, just translating what I think he is saying.

I understood the OP.

I was just surprised someone would be dumb enough to openly and publicly ask members of a forum to commit an illegal act of fraud.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understood the OP.

I was just surprised someone would be dumb enough to openly and publicly ask members of a forum to commit an illegal act of fraud.

I honestly didn't know it was fraud, but you can't tell me that Dodge doesn't deserve it by not recalling this defect that they have in their taillights.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I honestly didn't know it was fraud, but you can't tell me that Dodge doesn't deserve it by not recalling this defect that they have in their taillights.

Fraud: Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Example: Someone pays you $100 to switch your working tail lights with their broken tail lights, which you will then take to a Dealership to have replaced under warranty.
You have just committed fraud by gaining $100 and a new set of tail lights through criminal deception.

Whether Dodge (FCA) deserves it or not, the ends do not justify the means.

·
Registered
175 Posts
SIM (silver). I considered for a split second selling and getting the SRT DD, but came to my senses. R/T will replace my daily ('08 P71 Crown Vic) and the SS will remain weekend toy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fraud: Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Example: Someone pays you $100 to switch your working tail lights with their broken tail lights, which you will then take to a Dealership to have replaced under warranty.
You have just committed fraud by gaining $100 and a new set of tail lights through criminal deception.

Whether Dodge (FCA) deserves it or not, the ends do not justify the means.

Fraud or not, its definitely shady.
I'm not trying to be shady, or fraudulent. Dodge should absolutely have these recalled and they're being fraudulent by asking their owners to pay for something that they KNOW is an issue/design flaw, yet, still make no attempt to fix it.

I don't have $915(my cost from the dealer) to buy a replacement.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not trying to be shady, or fraudulent. Dodge should absolutely have these recalled and they're being fraudulent by asking their owners to pay for something that they KNOW is an issue/design flaw, yet, still make no attempt to fix it.

I don't have $915(my cost from the dealer) to buy a replacement.
Here is a used one for $360.

Here is a new one for $654

·
Registered
645 Posts
While I agree FCA should have addressed this issue & redesigned (or altered the assembly process) and put out a TSB, that doesn't justify making a fraudulent claim !
Then to post it in a public forum is just doubling down on dumb IMO ! (n)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw someone couple days ago with this issue but I think he unplugged the connection for the entire center piece and had only the corners attached. Maybe you can do something like that, it was not too bad in person.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only thing my wife dislikes about the DD is the tail light cluster. I never thought about unplugging the center cluster but that looks good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw a DD here in Indy last week with the same issue you have on both sides and two other sections on both sides would also strobe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts