Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a TNG noticed a vibrating heat shield on the exhaust? I noticed what sounded like a rattling heat shield this weekend backing my camper into a camp site. I tried to duplicate it and find the rattling shield with no luck...

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
37 Posts
So cold here that heat blower is at MAX and the ice/snow in the wheel well makes so much weird noise!
Maybe there's a little rock that gets it's way between the shield and the exhaust ? Those 295 throw a lot!

I just did PPF on pretty much 80% of my DD TNG. Whole front end, fender, hood, exterior black piano door trim pillar, half front and rear door and fender mouling. With all the salt and sand they put on the road here for winter, after 200miles the OEM rear lower door protector were already sandblasted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is it all the time? Or just when you hit the brakes?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
37 Posts
good point here. there’s a TSB if I remember for the RAM with rear brake “squeak “. i know rattle and squeak are not the same at all, but sometimes when you back up the trailer on the camp site with the kids being hungry, all sound are the same 😝

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the ideas! My sound was definitely happening when giving it gas to back the camper up while the wheel was turned. I'm going to get under the car this weekend. Hopefully I can replicate the sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts