Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Received the brake and gas pedal overlays - first mod, yeah!

Mopars instructions are here: https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6860884.pdf

I get that I'm not that smart, but man... for example, I can't tell if the directions are indicating that the stock brake pedal pad comes off and to remove and dispose it before installing the new one?

ANY other installation tips that might help the process go more smoothly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi,

Received the brake and gas pedal overlays - first mod, yeah!

Mopars instructions are here: https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichContent/CDJR/K6860884.pdf

I get that I'm not that smart, but man... for example, I can't tell if the directions are indicating that the stock brake pedal pad comes off and to remove and dispose it before installing the new one?

ANY other installation tips that might help the process go more smoothly?

Thanks.
Yes, peel off the old brake pedal pad first. The new one is tough to put on. I'd suggest going to the Mopar Pedals thread started by Fastdango in the Gen 3 2011+ section for various ideas. The gas pedal simply snaps over the existing set up. Get the ebrake cover and the Aussie dead pedal too (search on the forum). Really makes a nice set up once it's all in.

STUART

Reactions: jaimyegill

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yup, the stock brake pedal cover is removed and discarded (or kept if you like.) The gas pedal is fairly straight forward, remove the stock cover then place the SS cover over the pedal. It snaps down on the right...It takes a bit of pressure, a pair of Chanel-locks and a protective cloth will make it easier! As for the brake cover, I recommend boiling it to make the rubber pliable. It has rubber lips that need to be stretched over the brake pedal and its a Pain In the [email protected]#! Using soap to lubricate the installation area can help, also a small screwdriver can be used to "pry" the lips up and over the stock pedal. Finish the job properly and order a matching cover for the parking brake and the dead pedal area. It looks great when completed!

·
Registered
504 Posts
make sure there are no small children nearby. You will curse during the installation of the brake pedal.

Attachments

Reactions: bohic and R/TKrieg

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
LOT's of Cursing
STEVE

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, folks, for the suggestions and direction. Will give it a shot and report back.

Slide veer: I was going to skip the e-brake overlay as I don't love that pedal, and didn't want to draw attention to it - make sense? Also, I like the matching dead pedal, but think I'm going to put in a set of OEM slush mats, so I don't think it'll be necessary.

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Hated the brake pedal. Heat gun helps, but obviously make sure you have gloves on and don't melt the rubber.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks, folks, for the suggestions and direction. Will give it a shot and report back.

Slide veer: I was going to skip the e-brake overlay as I don't love that pedal, and didn't want to draw attention to it - make sense? Also, I like the matching dead pedal, but think I'm going to put in a set of OEM slush mats, so I don't think it'll be necessary.
like everyones saying, the brake is a pain in the ass. the ebrake cover is really worth it, the stock 1 looks really really cheap, they stole it from yugo. the only problem with the ebrake cover is it doesnt fit. You have to cut about 1/2 of the ridge which is supposed to hold it on. So then you have to gorilla glue it on. Anyway I did it and it looks awesome but the install was not much fun.

ditto for your comment on the dead pedal. it is really really nice but i got the husky mats in there so couldnt use it either.

·
Registered
242 Posts
like everyones saying, the brake is a pain in the ass. the ebrake cover is really worth it, the stock 1 looks really really cheap, they stole it from yugo. the only problem with the ebrake cover is it doesnt fit. You have to cut about 1/2 of the ridge which is supposed to hold it on. So then you have to gorilla glue it on. Anyway I did it and it looks awesome but the install was not much fun.

ditto for your comment on the dead pedal. it is really really nice but i got the husky mats in there so couldnt use it either.
Regarding the ebrake cover, if you take a cut off wheel and trim a bit off of the metal part of your ebrake, after removing the cheap stock cover, the new one snaps on very well; no glue necessary. Just compare the inside of the stock cover with the new one, and you will see where the metal needs trimming.

Regarding the stock slush mats, I have them, and trimmed it to fit around the dead pedal, like the carpeted mats do. I like the look and functionality of the dead pedal, and I think the mat trim looks like it was meant to be like that. Lots of ways to get what you want....
STUART IMG_1340 dead pedal trim.jpg

Reactions: 11earl

·
Registered
556 Posts
nice work !

wish i would of know that regarding the ebrake cover ! The gorilla glue is fine but you way is much cleaner.

nice on the floor mats too. love to see pic of all the pedals with the dead pedal installed. you need some blue LED footwell lights to set that off. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
nice work !

wish i would of know that regarding the ebrake cover ! The gorilla glue is fine but you way is much cleaner.

nice on the floor mats too. love to see pic of all the pedals with the dead pedal installed. you need some blue LED footwell lights to set that off. :)
Here you are. A lot of people put the ebrake cover on "sideways" but I don't like the look of that. The minor metal trim made it a piece of cake to fit.
Stuart
8 pedal set.jpg

Reactions: a2t

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
It takes some work but once on they stay put!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally took a stab and installing this weekend - and failed.

Simply could not get the brake pedal on.

Put it in boiling water. Dipped it in soapy water. Started from the bottom, the sides, the top... stopped after an hour before I stuck the flathead in my eye hole.

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
Dont give up the fight
get it done
steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts