Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the pictured rim looks like without the plastic chrome cover? I'm not a fan of chrome, and these are on my 07 Limited. Some of the plastic is cracked and I'm thinking about removing these covers. Picture is from stockrims.com. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,476 Posts
I'm sure it looks like a crappy steel spoked wheel underneath! I have those same wheels on my 2008 Limited but all the plastic is fine on mine.

Replacements aren't cheap and they're few and far between. I was trying to get one for a matching spare. Good luck!

Reactions: JasonES

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping for more, but you're probably right. If I replace these with something else (which is likely), I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I believe most of the Ram truck wheels of the same year range fit without issue for 2nd Gen Durangos.

I had 17" steel wheels with wheel covers on my 2004 SLT when I bought it. Found a set of 4 Ram 17" chrome wheels with tires locally on CL for $200. Same bolt pattern and back spacing bolted right up with no issues. Had to buy a set of aftermarket chrome lug nuts for $30 as the wheel cover type are longer with a flange to hold the cover on.

Here's the original steel wheels with wheel covers that it came with.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Just a possible alternative to aftermarket wheels that may or my not fit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts