Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't see a thread like this so I figured I would take a chance and start it. Wondering what you guys are running in the quarter mile and 0 to 60 times with different towns like that have a fever tune, cold air intake etc. figure this will be fun for everyone to see the potential of the Durango. My many chart of specs is below. Let's see yours!

**Side note. Also for the all-wheel-drive Durango RT it's listed at 5300 pounds but remember when these cars are Wade they do sell with a full tank of gas. Considering it's a 24 gallon tank each gallon weighs 6 pounds. You can save 72 pounds just by driving with a half a tank or less. Also the spare is about 45 pounds. That's 117 pounds. Therefore we can get the Durango down to around 5183 pounds Which is only about 33 pounds heavier than the jeep SRT-8.

My mods:
Intake: AFE cold air intake
Tune: Diablosport Trinity w/ hemifever 93 (pending)
Exhaust: stock
Throttle body: stock
Cams/internals: stock
Quarter Miles: Unknown right now
0-60:6.4 (before intake or tune. Will update after tune)
Dyno: not been yet

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
6.06 loaded with tools and fuel and heavy 22's

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't have any times, but a 6-second 0-60 time for a 5,000lb AWD vehicle is good in my book. I'm willing to bet that I'm in the high 6's with exhaust & intake on 87 octane (that's all I fill up with).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any times, but a 6-second 0-60 time for a 5,000lb AWD vehicle is good in my book. I'm willing to bet that I'm in the high 6's with exhaust & intake on 87 octane (that's all I fill up with).
Should be running 89. However most likely running 89 will get you 6.2-6.4. They tested the durango RT 2015/2016 with car and driver and it did 6.4 on 89 stock.

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
So, a lot of us have "spare tires" that we could maybe lose to improve our times.

With pizza and beer at Carlisle, this won't happen soon. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going to try to revive this thread so I can see what 0 to 60 times I should be getting. I'm running the Hemifever 93 tune with some torque management added in to address the harsh shifting issues. I just got this tune from Sean today and I got a 0 to 60 time of 6.05 in 301 ft. When I had the Hemifever 93 tune with the Torque Management disabled the best 0 to 60 I got was 6.7.
I'm curious what other DD owners are getting and what tune they are running if any. My DD info and mods are listed in my signature. It's AWD.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
AWD Best I have seen on trinity is 6.04 with Spare in Full of gas maybe some detail stuff etc. 93 Hemifever Tune, Fastman TB Corsa exhaust.
Now as for weight A year or so ago I weighed the truck with same stuff listed above and it was closer to 5900 add me and its 6100lbs
STEVE

·
Registered
100 Posts
2016 R/T. Borla exhaust, fastman tb, k&n cai. Tested O-60 with kiwi3 obd scanner 7.1.
Dynojet twice 323 hp and 338 torque which is what I get on the kiwi3 also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Installed Sean's 89 octane tune today. Been running 87 octane. Pulls like a burnin mule comparatively.

·
Registered
58 Posts
AWD Best I have seen on trinity is 6.04 with Spare in Full of gas maybe some detail stuff etc. 93 Hemifever Tune, Fastman TB Corsa exhaust.
Now as for weight A year or so ago I weighed the truck with same stuff listed above and it was closer to 5900 add me and its 6100lbs
STEVE
I don't know how much mine weighs but it had the spare, half a tank of gas, cai, exhaust, hemifever 93 tune and me.
I guess 6.03 is about right for what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
2016 R/T. Borla exhaust, fastman tb, k&n cai. Tested O-60 with kiwi3 obd scanner 7.1.
Dynojet twice 323 hp and 338 torque which is what I get on the kiwi3 also.

Is yours AWD or RWD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
How are you guys measuring your 0-60 time? I have the DiabloSport Trinity, but can't figure out how to get it to record the time... the clock doesn't stop when I hit 60 :(

My setup:
- Whipple supercharger
- ARH LT headers with ceramic coating
- Custom tune from AJ at Hemituner performance
- Strut tower brace

Dyno: 470 hp, 445 torque

·
Registered
58 Posts
How are you guys measuring your 0-60 time? I have the DiabloSport Trinity, but can't figure out how to get it to record the time... the clock doesn't stop when I hit 60 :(

My setup:
- Whipple supercharger
- Strut tower brace

I used the Trinity tuner for the 0-60. I usually use the motion start but I tried to the tree and I didn't see any difference in the times between the motion start and the tree. I'm assuming that your 0-60 times will be much faster than mine with that Whipple and an extra 100 plus HP.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you get the Tazer it has 0-30 and 0-60 timers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't have 0-60 times but here are my time slips from the strip.
image.jpg

Bone stock 2016 AWD Citadel. Full tank of gas and just over 1800 miles on the odometer.

I feel like it would do much better next time as finally at around 2100 miles the MDS is kicking in on the highway. Which makes me believe the myth of a break-in tune is real.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

My setup:
- Whipple supercharger
- Strut tower brace

Look up apps for
Your phone.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts