Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am in need of some assistance. I called and emailed a dealer out of state (next state over 2 hr drive from me) regarding purchasing a 2020 Durango GT Plus AWD. It is the exact car I have been looking for. They advertised a "dealer" price of $41,XXX.00 on 05/18/2020. I got a return email 05/19/2020 which I replied to stating I would be interested in financing or leasing said car at that sale price. He replied with a link to the car with a purchase price of $47,xxx.00. I emailed back that night with my interests with no response. The next day the "dealer" price was now at $42,578. I emailed again with no response.

I have attached the window sticker on the car. Can anyone tell me a reasonable $$$ to purchase this for? I qualify for the 0.0% for 72 (or 84). I haven't told them where I "need to be on payment" etc. I just want a fair deal before I cave and buy it for whatever. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to the NADA guides and find out the invoice price (what the dealer is paying for it). Often, the price you see advertised by the dealer includes all available manufacturer incentives/discounts and the dealer incentives (if any) and you may not qualify for all of them. Check the Dodge website for what the current dealer incentives are. Do your homework or you'll wind up taking it in the shorts. It should never be about the payment. It should be about the final price you are going to pay for the vehicle. The Finance guy or girl isn't the highest paid employee at the dealership because they find a way to give you the best bargain. Once you know the total price you want to pay based on your research, then get pre-approved for financing. Then request the lowest out the door price including tax, title and licensing and be prepared to walk from the deal if they aren't going to play ball. Lastly, if you are financing a car/truck for 72 or 84 months, I would think twice. Those are home mortgage loan periods. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts