Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we sold our 15 R/T a few months ago for a 4Runner. Wife hates it. Reliability is awesome but it's a slug as was to be expected. She needs/wants a power lift gate etc. Wants another durango. Anyways. we are building it mostly loaded without as much of that safety bs as possible. Want to know what tires come with it if I spend the extra 395 bucks for the all season upgrade. Is it worth it? Also any opinions on the harmon Kardon vs the 9 speaker alpine. We had a 15 grand cherokee with the alpine and it was great. We order tomorrow. Opinions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ours came with the Bridgestone Ecopia, not sure if that’s the standard or all-season upgrade. We took them off because we wanted a true all-weather tire. Could you spec your own tire choice instead of the OEM option?

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
633 Posts
I drove a load 4 Runner in 18’. Hated it. Got my 18 R/T the next day lol. And that was coming from a 15’ SXT. Just got my 21’ R/T TnG. No help on the tires, but the HK upgrade is def worth it. So is the TnG package.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews concerning the HK system, but I can only speak for the Alpine, which I think is good. Good enough for me anyways. As OurZoo stated, the Tow N Go package is definitely worth it. I am curious how well the OEM Pierlli Scorpion Zero tires do in the snow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I seemed to stumble across something about the new blacktop package coming with different tires this go around. I'll have to confirm that with my dealer. Seems to me they have the kinks worked out of the HK system for 21 and up but I don't know if we'll go for it. The alpine systems have been great. I wish I could opt out of it for my 22 Power Wagon Level three. The only reason I want the level three is the interior is nicer and I want the adaptive black led headlights. I'm taking the opportunity to make my wife happy with the durango and I'm capitalizing on a good trade on my 18 power wagon. I'll have to take a quick peak at the tow and go again but I don't know if we can justify it.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
633 Posts
The premium seats and interior package with the suede headliner is nice too. It certainly does all add up though.

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah she requires the seat upgrade. second row tumble and second row console. we had that on our 15. sunroof too. Personally I'd trade the sunroof for the entertainment shit for the kids.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh also another question. should i be looking third row grand cherokee? I don't particularly like the looks of them. we had a couple grand cherokees which were nice but I'm not digging the L. neither is she. stupid rotary shifter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just put the deposit down today. Stuck with the Aline setup. Mixed reviews on the HK. I'm stuck with it on my level 3 PW so hopefully the kinks were worked out of it. F8 green. second row tumble seats second row console for kids shit, blacktop pkg, tow pkg sunroof. I think that's it. Oh and a block heater.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just put the deposit down today. Stuck with the Aline setup. Mixed reviews on the HK. I'm stuck with it on my level 3 PW so hopefully the kinks were worked out of it. F8 green. second row tumble seats second row console for kids shit, blacktop pkg, tow pkg sunroof. I think that's it. Oh and a block heater.
Didn't decide to get the Tow N Go package then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody been able to order the rear dvd system? Two dealers near me say they don’t have that option available, that’s the only thing holding me back. We have it in our 14 r/t and it’s so easy with the kids. They also told us there is only a 30 day ordering window that started on the 10th.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
Of course, you can order the entertainment system on a new DD. There may be low level models you can't put it on so you will have to step up higher to get it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah no tow n go. We really just don't need the other stuff. The suspension would be nice as well as the wider tires and stuff but that's about all that intrigues me. The stock exhaust is pretty damn good already.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
According to the build page for your model from 2021 (2022 isn't up yet on their website) the DVD system is a $1995 option that should be available to you. I couldn't say whether that has changed in '22 or not because you can't build it on their site.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,167 Posts
Then you should back pedal and see if you can get it with a '21. If you can't then there is probably a holdup with chips again. In that case just wait to order until the option is finally available. Either this or your dealer is an idiot and totally clueless.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts