Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I want to setup a street & track mode like the Hellcat has. Think this can be done w provided HP tuners Kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 R/T AWD Black Blacktop AUXITE LED directionals, window tint, OwlCam
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
OK it’s been a minute.... covid shit and work delayed the project as did a Broken headbolt. Back on task this weekend. The instructions are for jeeps with call outs for Durango steps. We had to improvise a few things. The inter cooler reservoir looks different and so does the ic reservoir pump in final placement. Sent pics to Whipple for confirmation and they said it looked fine for the new Durango.
Also, the inter cooler itself lacked directions and some hardware that we had to buy. Horn placement was an improv as relocation brackets were left out of the kit.
hose clamp placement has been a bitch too. Can’t get pinch clamps into position to release them.
Heater core hoses are installed now. Tomorrow we mount the SC and Monday will do the electrical stuff and Tuesday apply the tune. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
2018 R/T AWD Black Blacktop AUXITE LED directionals, window tint, OwlCam
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finding there are several areas of improvisation.
Got the lower manifold on fine. I would have liked to see part numbering system. Instructions have a measurement for o rings but o ring packages only have part numbers and not sizes.Spent too long trying to get the wrong o ring on the lower manifold.

Upper manifold had a burr in one of the drill holes, re-driller it and it’s fine. Upper manifold is also installed.

Fuel injectors and fuel rails were the easiest part so far. Got that done in 20 minutes.

the crossover fuel line for the front ran into an issue. Too tight a space between wiring harness and deli line spigot so had to re-remove the thermostat and heater hose/wiring harness mount to fit it on and then re-torque everything back on. More to come.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts