Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after doing a month or so of research, I decided a new Durango would best fit my family's needs. I'm currently in Afghanistan and did the entire deal through e-mail over a 3 day period and then sent my wife to close the deal. I feel like I got a good deal and, if I use truecar.com as the basis for comparison, I got what they consider a great deal. It actually came to quite a bit under invoice price at only $500 more than dealer cost. So here it is: a 2012 Durango R/'T AWD in Redline 2 color with heated leather interior, navigation, tow package, and power sunroof. I'm not going to get home until mid May, so it's going to be a long wait for me. But at least my wife has something new and fun to drive.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Congrats on the excellent choice of rides. Be careful and thanks!

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
That's a great ride and your new D will be home waiting for you.
Thank you for protecting our freedom!
Steve
DOC Pres

PS: We're gonna need some more pics of that bad boy!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Sweet ride! :bugeyed:

I love good deals, but for me it's not a 'good deal' till I see the finance guy at the end of the deal. "You need this maintenance plan" and " You need this warranty" or "Keep your down payment and just go for more years." All of which totally negates the 'great deal' I just felt so good about.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That's a great shade of red, really a sharp looking D. You'll be behind the wheel before you know it!

Thanks for your service, my family appreciates it. Keep safe and welcome to the DOC.

David

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind comments. My kids did take some other pics, but unfortunately none were good enough to put on here. I'll see if I can get my wife to take some. She told me this morning she was afraid to drive it now because she didn't want it to get dirty.

On a separate note. I'm trying to change my avatar from my BMW to the D but can only seem to get it down to 160 x 160 pixels. I'll keep working on it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There's something about kids and zoom, when I ask my kids to take pictures of something I end up with ultra-zoom images of half the object I wanted to see. Same with other people, they'll take pictures of an ear or nostril plus one eye. I guess the fun of pulling something in closer gets the better of them.

Tell her we want some real world 0-60 times. Or maybe that's a bad idea!

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
rdkind62 said:
Thanks for all the kind comments. My kids did take some other pics, but unfortunately none were good enough to put on here. I'll see if I can get my wife to take some. She told me this morning she was afraid to drive it now because she didn't want it to get dirty.

On a separate note. I'm trying to change my avatar from my BMW to the D but can only seem to get it down to 160 x 160 pixels. I'll keep working on it.
EMAIL ME THE PIC AND I'LL EDIT IT FOR YOU AND SEND IT BACK SO YOU CAN POST IT
I'LL JUST USE THIS ONE
Steve

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
This should do it!
save that pic to your puter and then you can add it
Steve
DOC Pres

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome to the Club, you found a purty R/T!

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
nice looking D! be safe over there and thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
RDK,

Gotta say I agree 100%, that's a neat looking ride. I think that someday wayyyyy down the road, a Gen 3 D will be in my future? maybe when I turn 60 in 14 years!

Also for some reason that color looks pretty familiar. LOL

Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FSTDANGO3 said:
This should do it!
save that pic to your puter and then you can add it
Steve
DOC Pres
Thanks for the avatar pic, seems much more appropriate now.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
rdkind62 said:
Thanks for the avatar pic, seems much more appropriate now.
You're welcome!
Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts