Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I would like to share some issues that I have with my D which I have noticed recently and want to know if these are common ones faced by other D owners or is if it's just me.

1. The passenger side a/c duct unit coming out of its fixture and very loose might fall off soon.

2. The fuel door is of a different color than the rest of the D and has a very plastic like feeling, very poor quality. (My D is Deep Cherry Red)

3. The rear backup camera is very jerky and lags when there is a moving object in range.

4. There is some sound in the interior whilst driving over bumps, road reflectors or cat eyes coming from somewhere near the 3rd row seats. The sound is like there is something loose in the roof liner or some loose bit somewhere at the rear end of the D that is is not fixed in place.

Please share here if someone else faces these issues so we could try to find a solution.

S

·
Super Moderator
5,153 Posts
Make sure the u-connect update is relevant to your part of the world. Your location appears to be Saudi Arabia, not sure of the firmware is the same as the US.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good luck on the rattle! Please go to the roll call link and let us know how you do. Good or bad. Thanks. How's the dealer network where you are?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. No issues here, haven't heard anything.
2. Mine feels the same (plasticy and not that strong), but it should be the same color.
3. This is fixed with a uconnect update. (search uconnect update and you should find the site and instructions)
4. Probably the rear strut, common issue. http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/durango-discussions-2014/17543-2014-durango-rear-rattle-roll-call.html
The color of the fuel door is deeper red than the rest of the D :S will get it checked when I take it next to the dealer for service.
I have updated the Uconnect to the latest version available which was released last month for our region. The interface is much faster and improved but there camera is still jerky
Regarding the strut, will get is checked by a tech to see if its faulty and get it replaced. Hope it will not take ages to get it done.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck on the rattle! Please go to the roll call link and let us know how you do. Good or bad. Thanks. How's the dealer network where you are?
Theres only one dealer in Saudi Arabia and the network is still growing. Some people have had a bad experience dealing with them, hope its not the same now. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure the u-connect update is relevant to your part of the world. Your location appears to be Saudi Arabia, not sure of the firmware is the same as the US.
I have updated to the latest Uconnect software version specific to my D's VIN. I think it's not the same as US. Will get it checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Fuel door and bumpers tough to match paint wise due to them being plastic.
I had the front bumper replaced and the auto body guy said that the paint will not match the rest of the truck because it's plastic. Even if the were to blend the paint it will still be off. Having said that, we got the Durango back and the front bumper is spot on! The auto body guy was surprised it matched so well. I asked if they would reprint the rear bumper, he just laughed. All cars with plastic bumpers are a shade different, next time you are near a clean car have a look. Warning... Anyone with OCD thus will bother the crap out of you, trust me I can't stop now that I was told! Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have checked a couple of other 2014 Durangos, their fuel doors match the rest of the body colour. Anyway, I'll be taking my D to the dealer over the weekend to get everything inspected.

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
What color is your D?

My deep cherry has a good color match on everything.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just saw a billet silver new D in traffic across the road, and its fuel door looked mismatched where it caught my eye as it went by.
Also, the grille on my '98 D (similar color as yours), chili pepper red, always looked a tint off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fuel door is very dull and has a matte look as compared to the rest of the D which is metallic and very shiny. I have asked the dealer to replace the fuel door with a new one, hoping to get it fixed by next week.

·
Registered
427 Posts
4. There is some sound in the interior whilst driving over bumps, road reflectors or cat eyes coming from somewhere near the 3rd row seats. The sound is like there is something loose in the roof liner or some loose bit somewhere at the rear end of the D that is is not fixed in place.
I'm experiencing the same thing. It does sound like roof liner or something in the interior just not bolted down properly. Taking it to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to the dealer again yesterday and after thorough inspection, the technician found out that the wiring harness inside the roof liner is not attached properly to the roof. In order to fix the it, the D needs to be in the workshop for 3 days and the whole roof liner and the rear compartment needs to brought down. I would rather live with the sound as it it not a major issue and not worth the hassle. Regarding the fuel door issue, the dealer advised to get it waxed and polished to get back the shine. It is a common problem in our region as we have a lot of sand & dust settling on the cars. Let me know if someone else has had these issues and how did you overcome them.

S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts