Dodge Durango Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. It seems there's some interest in PPH headers once again. I'll post this out here to check on the interest of another buy.

Based on past history, we'll need 15 paying customers to get this off the ground. To save a lot of questions, here's a link to the previous buy and all of the possible questions will be answered in it. Please don't ask for a price or too many details since I'm just throwing this out there to see who might be interested. All of the details are on the previous buy and the price won't be known until we get the buy.

http://durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6120

This may be the last ever chance to get them so, if you're on the fence, I'd sway to the side of getting a set. They can always be sold later if you change your mind.

Dwayne

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Call the gal at PPH and see if they're in. If so, we can cross post to the other forums. Hopefully in this economy Mike will do a run with just 10 sets. Ask and see.

We can do the payments the same as last time too. IIRC, there are at least 3 different GB header threads for folks to review. I may buy a set as an investment for re-sale later. A few that sold off theirs from previous buys before usage may be interested in getting back in on this one. We may have 4 or 5 already.

IndyDurango

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
They come with EVERYTHING.

Speaking of pipe? pipe down. They're only for 5.2 and 5.9L's. Real motors can use headers, your little 4.7l sees little to zero improvement? hence why PPH doesn't make them for the 4.7l.

:cheesy:

IndyD

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
IndyDurango said:
They come with EVERYTHING.

Speaking of pipe? pipe down. They're only for 5.2 and 5.9L's. Real motors can use headers, your little 4.7l sees little to zero improvement? hence why PPH doesn't make them for the 4.7l.

:cheesy:

IndyD
I knew you were going to find a way to put down my miserly 4.7. Come on now, when are we going to race??

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Oh Boy! This certainly peaks my interest. Will have to see how much $$ we're talking about as I'm still in catch up mode financially. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I'm working my butt off 12 to 15 hours a day, 6 days a week. Doesn't leave much time for anything else.

I'd definitely be interested if I can squeeze the budget a little.

Ron

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was going to buy a set of eddy shortys before november but if the price is right, I'd rather go for the pph, so I'm in if this gets off the ground within the next 6-7 weeks :)

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
Indy, do these come with the CARB sticker for those that need it?

·
Administrator
15,100 Posts
Mine did BUT it was dated for the 98/99s IIRC.

With slowing sales and Mopar discontinuing their production needs, there was no reason for Mike to pay to redo it after that.

I can't recall if I saved my sticker or pitched it. No need for it here in Indiana.

IndyD

·
Administrator
8,053 Posts
I was just thinking for some of the folks here in CA. Mine came with the certification, too.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
xbxjunkie said:
will these fit my 03?
They'll fit but you'll have to decide what to do about the pre-cats. You can have cats added to the Y or delete them.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Yes you can. NJ doesn't verify the number of CATs that are supposed to be in the system. They do a quick visual for anything that "looks" like a cat. My Mustang OEM exhaust had 4 cats (2 in each bank.) Many years ago I put on a high flow H pipe with 2 cats. It's been inspected at state stations many times since. (A private facility may care even less)

·
Administrator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Email sent. I'll post their response when I get one.

In the meantime, post your name to see the interest. I have them on My D and there are others here who got in on the last buy. Get them while you can. They're ceramic coated and come with the Y pipe. Just cut your exhaust in front of the Cat and install. drive it to a muffler shop and they can weld the system closed. It's not a bad DIY project. I did mine and many others here did it as well.

if anyone wants to post a link here on other sites is welcome to do that.

Dwayne

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in for p/n P4876815, which is for the 4WD 5.2/5.9 Durango (the 2WD 5.2/5.9 Durango uses p/n P5007091).

These are supposed to be the best headers ever made for the 5.2/5.9 Durango, partly because of the Tri-Y design, partly because they're a bit longer than most other headers are for the Durango, and partly because the Y-pipe flows so well.

They were originally sold by Mopar Performance, but they were also known as Positive Performance headers, PPH headers and Mike Leach headers. I believe the word "legendary" wouldn't be stretching it when referring to these headers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.