Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum looking for some direction. I have a 2017 R/T that just started acting crazy. While driving the radio muted and I can hear a faint beep on driver’s side and then the front passenger window rolls down all by itself. Dash cluster sometimes flashes on and off every once in awhile before the window rolls down too. I don’t even know where to start. Called dealer when it first happened. But of course I was 900 miles over the warranty. Any help or ideas what to look at. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Did you buy this new, or used?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Could be something as simple as a battery at end of it's life. Low voltage can cause all sorts of issues...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I'd take into the dealer...and then when they tell you what's wrong and what the cost is, you get FCA on the phone and go at it with them..that you want them to do a goodwill repair as this shouldn't happen to a vehicle only 2 yrs old if that.
I'd call them from the dealer with the service mgr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum looking for some direction. I have a 2017 R/T that just started acting crazy. While driving the radio muted and I can hear a faint beep on driver’s side and then the front passenger window rolls down all by itself. Dash cluster sometimes flashes on and off every once in awhile before the window rolls down too. I don’t even know where to start. Called dealer when it first happened. But of course I was 900 miles over the warranty. Any help or ideas what to look at. Thanks in advance
My 17 r/t is doing the same thing. First the radio, specifically the Bluetooth starts, cutting in and out. Then the passenger window starts going down automatically. Roll it back up and it just keeps going down by itself. Then the gauges / dash lights start flickering and resetting themselves. This is always when driving down the road.

Any update on your issue?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I like the battery idea. YES a battery can go in 2 years 6 months 3 days if it's faulty or there is a drain on it.
You also could have a grounding issue but they are extremely hard to trace down. I would absolutely take it to the dealer if yours is doing the exact same thing as the thread starter. I don't see a reply from him so I have no idea how he got this fixed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
All very good options, I hope it’s something as simple as a junk battery. I will attest to voltage irregularities as culprits for possessed vehicles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 r/t having the same issues. Has anyone figured it out yet?
Sucks really like the truck...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 17 r/t is doing the same thing. First the radio, specifically the Bluetooth starts, cutting in and out. Then the passenger window starts going down automatically. Roll it back up and it just keeps going down by itself. Then the gauges / dash lights start flickering and resetting themselves. This is always when driving down the road.

Any update on the issue from anyone? My 2017 dodge durango is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree with the other folks. It's likely the battery. I had to replace the battery in my wife's 2016 Chrysler T&C at the beginning of last year. We purchased the T&C at the end of 2016. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for OEM batteries to only last three years.

I'd recommend at least having the battery tested. Most any auto parts store can do that for you free of charge.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I swear this new software/format that forums have gone to have built in bot-posts to keep things active. They are all single post count members that never come back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I read his post. I actually just took my durango to the dealer according to them nothing is wrong with because when they test drove it, it didnt act all crazy on them. I showed them videos so they can see what is happening since it doesnt happen all the time. They said they can't diagnostic based on videos. So I told them to keep it for a couple of more days to test drive it more so they can see what happens. Hoping to get an answer by the end of the week as to what is wrong with it.
Did you not read his reply...

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
Jewel:
Based upon what you are seeing, I would request that they load test the battery and check the charging system. Things like this just scream battery issue. The battery would not be a warranty item anyway, so have it checked.

Don

Reactions: pridbor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did u get this issue fixed

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have has two batteries replaced on my 2017 Citadel, both under warranty. I only have 27,000 Kms on it (Canadian vehicle). I have no idea what went wrong but both times when it was freezing cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Did u figure out your issue?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts