Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Responding to old post I know but I've been going friggin crazy with the same initial problem. New struts, new motor mounts, new stabilizers, bushings are fine, tie rods fine, did the stiffener fix attempt and nothing. Still rattling in the front. 2012 RT giving in and going to the dealer in the next couple days and I'll chime in after.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have this clunk sound when turning into driveway or when there’s a bump even at very low speeds. Had tires replaced and a few weeks later had an oil change. I thought it was unrelated but now I noticed that brackets on mine are bent on both sides. Probably used as lift points when serviced but I don't know which shop. Can I undo these, straighten them and reinstall or should there be no load in the suspension when they’re replaced?

·
Registered
24 Posts
And I know this is an old post . Could be it anyhow be related, to the subframe bushing , which I knows replaced . Because the bushing split where the bolt is . I have the parts just living in Ohio this of month and not a big enough garage is delaying the fix .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the piece, one on each side. Looks like a stiffener to me. They took it off and re-torqued it with Loctite. The engineering liaison did say this piece was not on the Grand Cherokee for what ever that is worth.
So did this fix it? I just redid my struts and having a similar issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the piece, one on each side. Looks like a stiffener to me. They took it off and re-torqued it with Loctite. The engineering liaison did say this piece was not on the Grand Cherokee for what ever that is worth.
So you mean to tell me they just took the seemly useless bracket off, it fixed the creaking noises and it’s not a necessary part? I’m having the same issue right now and the dealership said it was my stabilizer links. However this same bracket on my car seems to be dinged up and you can feel that’s where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
473 Posts
So you mean to tell me they just took the seemly useless bracket off, it fixed the creaking noises and it’s not a necessary part? I’m having the same issue right now and the dealership said it was my stabilizer links. However this same bracket on my car seems to be dinged up and you can feel that’s where the noise is coming from.
It's pretty common for someone to jack the car up with that bracket and have the popping issue. If the factory put it on, I would assume it is not "useless". I would replace it with a new/not broken part.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

Reactions: Ollie Crow

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
982 Posts
Yes, replace it because it's a known issue when it becomes deformed even slightly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts