Dodge Durango Forum banner

Poor Quality Control from the Factory

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  1stDD 
#1 ·
This is a first! My 2019 DD R/T was my 3rd new car in 45 years of driving. This past Monday I was driving back from the shore and began to notice a variety of noises coming from the right front wheel. It varied from Tire noise like a cupping tread, to a scraping noise that would stop if I applied the brakes, to a creak when starting from a stop.

Long story short, according to the dealer, it appears the lower control arms were not tightened to spec and the right one was moving depending on speed and turning. Now I need to battle with Mopar to replace the front tires.

It will be a year old the end of July and has 5800 miles. I extended the warranty but I don’t think road hazard was part of it.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully Dodge will do the right thing and replace your front tires. Unfortunately those types of things happen from time to time. And at least you found out what the problem was and had it corrected.

Ironically, Dodge just received recognition from JD. Power for the highest initial quality for 2020. I believe it was tied with Kia. It was the first time a domestic brand topped the the JD Power list.

#3 ·
Hey Wiz, good day sir. I understand your frustration and where you coming from. When I got my first Durango it was a blessing from the Lord. However, I’ve learned is this, how many cars are they putting out a day? There is going be errors and poor quality control. Example, workers having bad days, not being focused to name a few. I understand that part, were all humans. Our truck had 2,800 K miles, it was a dealer demo. Good price, but at around 8,000 K the engine started rattling. It turns out it was the lifter, rocker arms, cam shaft.

It took me 5 different dealer visits to finally get the company to replace them. It went away, but it started doing it again. I also have a brake pop, on my front right tire that supposedly had some debri stuck in there. Dealer took it and fixed but guess what, still doing it.

While others here have problem free trucks, I don’t. I am upset, at first I was. Do I think the company needs to take responsibility? Of course they need to take responsibility.

What I would do is keep bother the dealer, or go to other dealers. Especially you having low mileage.

Be persistent

#4 ·
Not to story jack,

But I had water coming through the passenger side A pillar for the longest time. The pillar would get moist and sometimes I'd see water in the weather mats. I thought it was a leaky windshield seal, or a bad seal on the sun roof.

Turns out, who ever put the car together, didn't connect passenger side sun roof drainage pipe properly, and the water just ran down the frame :(

I simply put the tube back on and haven't had a water issue yet. , but I mean, DAM...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.