Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I tried using the new Turtle Wax Ceramic protectant and here is what I found out.
1. Water tends to only bead up and not run off the vehicle. It leaves water spots galore.
2. Ceramic protection at least for the Turtle Wax stuff did not last for 3 weeks.
3. Bugs stick to it and are not easy to clean off. It's like nothing is on the vehicle to protect it.

So I decided to clay then polish my vehicle and used Meguiars (new) Ultimate Synthetic Wax.
I have used it years ago but they improved the formula so I decided to give it a go.
WOW. WOW. WOW. Goes on easy, flashes in 5 to 10 minutes and gives a great smooth finish with depth yeah depth to my Vice White paint.
Yesterday I went to take the RT for a drive but I put something in the passenger side and I went to close the door and my fingers actually slipped right off the door edge like it was wet ice. very cool!!! Now I have to see how long it lasts but if it is truly better then the original formula, with proper upkeep it should last 3 months minimum.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wouldn't put Turtle Wax spray Ceramic in the same bucket as an actual Ceramic coating. To really do Ceramic yourself will be about $120 plus a full 4 to 6 hours or work to correctly apply. Once it's on it will bead and shed water like a monster for 1 to 3 years. I have cQuartz UK 3.0 on mine for a year now and I just touch it up twice a year with Reload and on black it's amazingly easy to maintain

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't put Turtle Wax spray Ceramic in the same bucket as an actual Ceramic coating. To really do Ceramic yourself will be about $120 plus a full 4 to 6 hours or work to correctly apply. Once it's on it will bead and shed water like a monster for 1 to 3 years. I have cQuartz on mine for a year now and I just touch it up twice a year with Reload and on black it's amazingly easy to maintain

Yeah turtle wax was my first mistake . LOL
Maybe in the fall I will try a better ceramic coating.
Thanks for giving me a brand to check out!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Not sure what happened to your Turtle Wax, I heard it was supposed to be pretty good, or was it the spray on type or something?

I can say that not all ceramics are created equal. Like your experience with Turtle Wax, was my experience with McKee's 37 ceramic coating. Applied it before Winter hit a couple of years back, and it was totally gone for the most part by Spring the following year.

I now have 3 vehicles with Cquartz UK 3.0 applied that is suppose to last up to 2+ years, and one car with Adam's Graphine that reportedly last up to 7 years. I will be happy with 2 years on any of them really. It has only been a year with the Cquartz and a couple of months with the Adam's. So far they all look fantastic, and all act as though I just applied the ceramic/graphine coatings yesterday.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not sure what happened to your Turtle Wax, I heard it was supposed to be pretty good, or was it the spray on type or something?

I can say that not all ceramics are created equal. Like your experience with Turtle Wax, was my experience with McKee's 37 ceramic coating. Applied it before Winter hit a couple of years back, and it was totally gone for the most part by Spring the following year.

I now have 3 vehicles with Cquartz UK 3.0 applied that is suppose to last up to 2+ years, and one car with Adam's Graphine that reportedly last up to 7 years. I will be happy with 2 years on any of them really. It has only been a year with the Cquartz and a couple of months with the Adam's. So far they all look fantastic, and all act as though I just applied the ceramic/graphine coatings yesterday.

I may try Graphine on my wife's Countryman, so far the cQuartz has done what I wanted it to do.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I may try Graphine on my wife's Countryman, so far the cQuartz has done what I wanted it to do.
I bought the 303 Nano Graphene coating to put on my Durango, I've heard great things about it. I have yet to use it though since the weather has been so crappy here but once I get the clay, polish, and graphene done I plan to post up some thoughts and pictures.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My problem with all protection and ceramics I have used has been with our winter months and the road chemicals they use for ice here. When winter was finally over this year, I didn't need to do much more than to refresh the cQuartz with a good maintenance wash and topper. This is the first protection I have applied that made it through a winter here, which made me pretty happy with the application thus far.

I tend to use Adam's products a lot, and when we got another car I thought it was a prime opportunity to test out their new graphine. Aside from the UV tracers they added to check your work as you go, it went on just as easily as the cQuartz did, and was maybe a tiny bit easier to work with as well.

Now as far as the claim that graphine durability lasts longer than normal consumer ceramics, we will see. I don't expect 7 years, but if it lasts as long if not longer than the Cquartz I'll be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts