Dodge Durango Forum banner

Have you water collect in the tail light of your 2014+ Durango?

• Yes

Votes: 176 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 89 33.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several threads about water pooling inside the racetrack tail lights of 2014+ Durangos. It's clear that this is a widespread issue so I'm trying to find out exactly how widespread. Please answer this unscientific poll (1 time only) whether you've had the problem or not.

(Maybe this will help those of us who may be trying to get the light repaired/replaced under warranty.)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I polled as yes. I asked my dealer when I had mine done, he said its not super-common but it can happen. I hope my new one (they just replaced it) is water-tight. Or at least doesn't crack. I'm OK with pulling the bolts to keep it from flooding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No water on my 2014. Have about 40,000 miles on it now. One of my license plate LEDs did crap out though... replacement part cost $35! I guess I should count my blessings though seeing that my taillights seem water tight thus far :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just went to the dealership with that for mine. They said those are on backorder and will call me when it comes in. They didn't look surprised at the issue and it's covered by the warranty. Sadly the very next day during a downpour, the tail light completely went out. So now all I have is the side ones, the tailgate "racetrack" is out. ☹

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not able to answer poll from Tapatalk but mine just started collecting water it's a 14 with 41k miles

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just noticed water in the light on the tailgate. It needs to go to the dealer for an oil change, so I'll have them look at it then.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Submitted my complaint. Even with "bumper to bumper" warranty they apparently don't cover "condensation" in tail lights.

·
Registered
870 Posts
to those with water in, take the bottom 10mm bolts out, it will at least drain while you figure our your next move.

·
Registered
83 Posts
to those with water in, take the bottom 10mm bolts out, it will at least drain while you figure our your next move.
I can tell you my next move isn't $1060 for a taillight plus it's on national back order because everyone gets this issue eventually only a matter of time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'll also say, my new one has extra space between it, and the metal of the back panel. Perhaps cracking/failures occurred due to being over-tight against the back panel? Mine was cracked to all hell before they replaced it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll also say, my new one has extra space between it, and the metal of the back panel. Perhaps cracking/failures occurred due to being over-tight against the back panel? Mine was cracked to all hell before they replaced it.
Mine has bugs in the water that I drained out. Hoping it stays alive for a while since warranty doesn't cover it. Hopefully we get enough complaints eventually they will recall them

·
Registered
169 Posts
I voted no on my 2015 but am watching it like a hawk. So far none entered after 2 touchless car washes and drive through some rain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On my 2014, yes. Had it replaced under warranty. The replacement, yes again. And so yes, they cover this under bumper to bumper. At least in my case they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 380 Posts