Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my next project.. i'm doing them one at a time, slowly... Getting ready for another one... Not sure how quickly I'll get to the one after that...

And I'm thinking either CAI or oil catch can. Looking for opinions on each with comparisons regarding ease of install, importance to vehicle maintenance vs performance, and recommendations for either with regards to product choices...

All while keeping in mind I'm not driving the high end v8 hemi.. I'm in a standard v6 SXT... I mean, is there even any VALUE in doing either of these on this vehicle?

Interested in all opinions..

Appreesh.

Thx.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
Lots of V6 run the CAI and the Catch Can, definitely worth it.

STEVE

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of V6 run the CAI and the Catch Can, definitely worth it.

STEVE
Thanks.

And your opinion on which one I should do first if I cant do the second one for a few months? Got a preference? Value your opinion..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Both are pretty easy installs. I think you will spend more on the CAI for what usually amounts to a marginal performance improvement. Mostly it's a cool under the hood add on and slight HP bump. I'd do the Catch Can first. Less expensive if you are needing to spread out the budget and actually likely is better for the engine to have one installed. You will be surprised how much oil ends up in there that used to be pushed back through your system. Seems like it should keep things running cleaner. Most people barely even check their fluids anymore, and the manufacturers know most of us won't check and empty a reservoir every two thousand miles or so, hence the factory system to recirculate and burn off the oil automatically. I don't know if anyone has forgotten to empty their catch can for so long that it filled and overflowed/backed up. Seems like that could cause some big issues, so remember to check it on a schedule. Good luck.

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
CAI as the Catch can is good for any vehicle but it is imperative to get one on Hemi's asap IMHO of course
The CAI will get you a little bang for your bucks, I recommend the Mopar CAI as well
STEVE

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
If I had to chose a priority, I'd go with the CAI, as at least u can hear a difference and may see some better mpg to boot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Imho start with the caitch can. Then save up some money for the cai. Once you have the money go with the mopar. I personally think its better and looks nice. The catch can might be a bit more difficult to install. Because you have to get in the back of the engine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
CAI. You won't notice any immediate difference if you install a catch-can. Many argue if they are really necessary. Yes, I have had one on a Hemi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts