Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so im back here again lol, i need any suggestions as to what i should do with my front lip on the drivers side next to my fog light :? . What happened was i went into a snow bank and ended up scraping the bottom of the lip and cracking off with some clips i think (not sure) , but anyhow now its hanging and I don't wanna end up paying a fortune at a autobody shop for something like this, so i figured id ask the forums for your help. Thanks for reading along, ill post the picture of the damage as well so you can see what im talking about. Thanks again!!

:wall:

FlavioGomes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
If your not worried about close up aesthetics, I can see replacing the 2 lip screws with self tappers and attempt to sandwich a third piece of plastic or metal to the bumper, fender trim. It doesn't look like you have much to work with, so you may have to add in 2 extra screw. it'll keep it from flapping around, but it wont be as strong as new either...

·
Super Moderator
12,605 Posts
I'd bet you can fix it up yourself.

You do want to keep it from flapping around though; that will probably cause more damage.

Duct Tape! ;)

...tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seeing all these new Durango's damaged and/or dirty from snow and salt makes me cringe. I don't know how you northern boys deal with it. My OCD would be in overdrive. Lol ��

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, and yah I don't have much to work with like you said, I'll have to try that for now until I order the new parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol that's typical Boston weather , we get hit with snow, road salt, and rain. Trust me I got some ocd my self on the count I'm washing it everyday literally because of those reasons, but man, spring and summer needs to come already, just heard 6 inches of snow on the way today !! But the Durango does great I'm it!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seeing all these new Durango's damaged and/or dirty from snow and salt makes me cringe. I don't know how you northern boys deal with it. My OCD would be in overdrive. Lol ��
My is ben in the garage for the last 2 month. Lucky to have a work car if not it will drive me crazy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dbumper.jpg You need a new inner fender, surprisingly cheap at the dealer (around 26 bucks). The the screw highlighted in red attaches to the missing section of inner fender, thats what keeps the lower valance in place. Or you can make a patch to connect the valance to the inner fender.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did mine myself, should only be about half hour. It really easy to change, remove about 7 push in clips and one bolt by the rocker molding. I'll take pics of mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the reply locoman687! Looks exactly like what my Durango went through. Hey you know what i did instead, i just drilled a screw long enough to connect the valance to the inner fender, but I'm afraid it will fall off again, but its been holding up just fine until I find some time to schedule an appointment at the dealer to get it repaired, ill take pics of what it looks like tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts