Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking for a photo request as I want the Road Magnet springs to be the first mod in my new Durango. I won't be able to get wheels for a long time though and kind of like the stock 20's that the '17 R/T's come with. The offset worries me. Will I get the truck lowered only to find that I will need spacers or new wheels to stay satisfied? I love the truck the way it sits with the factory R/T suspension, but feel like the RM springs give it the finished look I'm after.
I searched Google and the forums for lowered Durangos, but photos with stock wheels are in low supply.
Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Tweak - looks like the 22's really finish the look no matter what the suspension height.
The stock wheels look pretty good though. I think I'd be happy like that for a while.
Thanks for the links!

I found this with stock wheels. These look like the new 20's that come on the Brass Monkey Durangos.

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is a fellow member's Durango and it has 22's and looks SOOOOOO amazing, He also has some spiffy performance mods.
IMG_20161231_110619698_HDR.jpg
http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/durango-discussions-2014/35641-finally-did-15-r-t-supercharged-550rwp.html

Where people run into issues with the 22"s is over all diameter. Stock 20's are 30.5" OD, Most people running 22's are going with 31"-32"OD if I recall. I just seen yours is silver so I will close with this better angle of a silver one (might be same one?)
12345991_1162478080429463_894790655_n.jpg
(those wheels are too dark for brass monkey, i'm guessing its 2016 blacktop R/T wheels, same wheels different finish)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks again. That black one is only a dream vehicle for me right now haha. I do really like the silver one with stock wheels. I'd like to go ahead and drop it.
I called around to local shops looking for someone who can install the springs. Only 1 shop called me back and wanted $1k to install and align. That seems pretty high to get some springs installed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats extremely high to install. I got mine installed for 200 plus 100 for alignment. But they only installed the fronts. I did the rears as they were very easy to install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats extremely high to install. I got mine installed for 200 plus 100 for alignment. But they only installed the fronts. I did the rears as they were very easy to install.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I asked for a breakdown knowing that Black Ops sells the springs for 375. The shop wants $454 just for the springs. Said it was 4.5 hours of labor + the alignment.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for that. My Max Steel Limited Rallye (same wheels) is getting the Eibach treatment soon.
I'm soooo waiting to see, to me it looks more extreme of a drop than the road magnets. Scarbars said his front wheel well peak is 31". Bohic was 32" with Road Magnets. Problem is RM is the fact its like playing the lotto as far as outcomes. So people its level, other raked, others reverse raked. I have some RM ready to go in when I bring the Durango out of hibernation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts