Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use this guy... it's a solid extendable arm, which works better than the bendy ones (IMO). It does rest on the dash (doesn't have to though, but if it does, it keeps vibrations to a minimum), and i've got it where it's just between the vent and screen. I have an S10+, so it blocks a small corner of each, but not enough to bug me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not to bring back from the dead but I just found a $10 Amazon mount that has worked amazing. Fits my pixel4XL and I didn't need to blow $30 on the pro clips mount to place it in the same spot. I'll get some photos of it next but here it is. Works great.

Car Vent Phone Mount with Expandable Spring-Load Grip, APPS2Car Universal Strong Hold Air Vent Cell Phone Holder for Car
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPK3V6R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_NNwgEbV8E3A5D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm surprised that given how many phones now have wireless charging that people aren't getting fast-Qi wireless charging cradles. I had a vent-mount cradle in my 2012 DD but nearly wrecked the vent when I took it off - took four hands to do it safely. Now I'm looking for one that doesn't use the vent, the windshield (illegal in some states), the top of the dash (won't stick), or a cup holder (actually use them for drinks). Doesn't leave much, might have to come up with my own mount.

·
Registered
55 Posts
See that is why this one is genius. If you notice you thread the clamp part. It doesn't just clamp on and have hooks behind the arms reaching into the vent. They arms are shorter and you soon the locking nut to tighten it down on the vent. I put mine in the bottom of the vent to add extra rigidity too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My complaint with the weathertech cupholder phoneholder is that you need to pick from a given selection of cup sizes....and I guess warehouse the larger unused cups. So many of the other ones just twist and lock into any size cupholder.

Not to mention their price premium, and it is not due to any weathertech IP rights....(except perhaps that they are trying to capitalize on their brand name)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I never find a phone holder I like. I don't care for window mounts, after awhile they all fall. I don't like vent mounts they after awhile destroy the vent. Dash mounts leave a mark and the cup holder takes up a cup holder.

I can't seem to figure this out. I just want a nice iPhone holder for the Durango that doesn't effect things around it. The search continues ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
A Ram mount phone used to be suctioned on to the windshield. Got tired with it falling off.

Nothing seems to work long term but the Ram Mount has been the best yet. Now to get something else... cup holder perhaps?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mount looks good, but I need a fast wireless charge cradle.
I had a wireless charging pad (factory, in the console lid) in my Suburban. It was a "cool" feature, but since Android Auto doesn't work wirelessly, it became somewhat of a useless feature (not sure about Apple CarPlay). I have become reliant on Waze for it's various "notification" features, and Google for Maps, and using Android Auto is much less hassle (and safer and "more legal") than looking at the phone all the time. Of course then the argument goes that if your using Android Auto then you don't need a phone holder, but sometimes you just need to access the full phone features (not while driving, of course).....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a wireless charging pad (factory, in the console lid) in my Suburban. It was a "cool" feature, but since Android Auto doesn't work wirelessly, it became somewhat of a useless feature (not sure about Apple CarPlay). I have become reliant on Waze for it's various "notification" features, and Google for Maps, and using Android Auto is much less hassle (and safer and "more legal") than looking at the phone all the time. Of course then the argument goes that if your using Android Auto then you don't need a phone holder, but sometimes you just need to access the full phone features (not while driving, of course).....
Android Auto does work wirelessly now, but only with the latest heads that can handle it, so almost none at the moment - but the phone app handles it. I despise Android Auto since it disables several things on the phone when I just want to charge it. I finally removed it from my phone, and now charge my phone off of one of the USB charging jacks in the back. I do still need a phone holder because I prefer Google Maps and want to see alerts on the screen, besides charging while I drive.

Even with Android Auto removed from my Android phone, whenever it connects to Uconnect it mutes all of my alerts, even ones Uconnect doesn't handle. That means that I am not notified if my home alarm system goes off for instance. If I can figure out what's doing that, it's getting disabled too. I've tried a number of things that haven't worked. I suspect removing Uconnect would prevent it, but would also break the hands-free phone feature which I do want.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Android Auto does work wirelessly now, but only with the latest heads that can handle it, so almost none at the moment - but the phone app handles it.
Alrighty....I guess I now have an excuse to get a new DDSRT. My 2019 is a little dirty, anyway, so time for an upgrade.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Alrighty....I guess I now have an excuse to get a new DDSRT. My 2019 is a little dirty, anyway, so time for an upgrade.....
It'll be a year or two before they update the Durango head to handle that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts