Dodge Durango Forum banner

Phase 1 of my Emergency Lighting

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  911Boulder 
#1 ·
Well I finally got all the parts needed for the first phase of my Emergency Lighting on my Durango... I'm a Volunteer Fire Fighter, EMS First Responder and Rescue Tech for a couple of departments in my area.

Here's a rundown of the equipment currently installed:

Front:
- Feniex Pegasus Interior Lightbar, all blue (top of the windshield)
- Feniex Python 100, blue (bottom of windshield)
- Feniex T-6 lightheads (8 in the grill, run off of 2 Whelen ULF-44 LED FLashers)
- Feniex Titan T-300s, white (Custom made, mounted in the lower grill, run off the "Wig-Wag" outputs on the Controler w/ steady over-ride)
- Whelen UHF-2150A HLF

Sides:
- Feniex T-6 lightheads, blue (mounted on a StrobesNMore Intersection Bracket)
- Feniex T-6 lightheads, blue (mounted on Feniex Rotating Bracket in the rear side window)

Rear:
- 911EP TD/WL36, blue (used as a warning bar and traffic advisor)

Controls:
- Feniex 4200

Here are a couple Vids:

Walk-Around Vid

T/A Demo

HLF/Wig-Wag/TakeDown Demo

Future Plans:
- Replacing the T-6s in the rear side windows with Feniex Cobra 200s
- Moving the T-6s in the rear side windows to the B-Pillar
- Some Feniex Apollo Lightheads in the rear somewhere
- Replacing the 911EP TD/WL36 with a Feniex Cobra 800 for a T/A in the rear, and running it off of the T/A Outputs of the 4200
- Feniex Rocker Kit

See less See more
Reactions: silverunicorn
#2 ·
Pardon my ignorance here but is that even legal on a privately registered vehicle?

#4 ·
Nice job! I know how tedious wiring can be - especially when you're trying to keep it clean. Can't wait to see Phase 2!

#5 ·
Indeed... And just like every other Chrysler Product I've done work on, its a little more PITA... lol I have some wiring clean-up to do in the rear storage area, but I'm in the middle of planning out a custom sub enclosure/amp rack/equipment rack...

#6 ·
I'm behind the curve here on posting. Fellow VFF from Kansas and I must say my friend a job well done, looks fantastic! Once I'm further on mine I'll post a video as well - only 'really' have lights in the rear, still deciding what I want to do up front.

Reactions: 911Boulder
#7 ·
Thanks man... I'm trying to stuck wo slick-top, but I'm been messing around with all the different lightbars and parts I have laying around, and I might make a custom 36" bar for it... But as with any vehicle I've had, the lighting is always a work in progress... lol

Reactions: FireLaw3
#9 ·
Very nice...! I just have 3 LED's in my grill and one one my upper passenger side windshield...and one in the back window and 2 in the tailights. I do also have 2 in the side windows in the back.

Its the grill lights the people move over for...very bright.

I'll take a video in the upcoming weeks if I can...not the absolute brightest...but people move when I'm going lights/siren!

#14 ·
Sorry for being away so long... Life got in the way... LoL

I've has dome changes to the set-up, and I'm working on more coming soon...

Currently I have:
- Federal Signal Valor LED Lightbar
- Federal Signal SS2000 Platinum Siren/light controller
- Feniex Apollo F6 Grill lights (Being changed soon)
- Feniex Python 100 dash light
- Feniex Cannon Dual Color LED HAW (reverse light conversion)
- Feniex 4200 Controller
- Motorola CDM1250 Mobile Radio (remote head)
- Durango specific Whelen siren speaker mount with 2 Whelen SA315P Speakers

Awaiting Installation:
- Gamber Johnson Full Console
- Federal Signal Dual Color CM Sticks, 4-head (3)
- Federal Signal Viper EXT Lightheads (4, possible grill lights)
- Moving the Feniex Apollos to the side mirrors (possibly)
- Rigid Industries dual color LED pods (amber and white: Amber for running lights, White for fog/added white)
- 9" LED bars (4, for added reverse lights and extra white lighting around the vehicle)
- Federal Signal LED HotFeet (added Alley and Takedown Lights for the Valor Lightbar)

Maybe more, who knows... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.