Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this discussion has been addressed in the past. I am looking into the next mod for the 20 Rango. What is the experiences out there and impressions of these items? Which is better?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your brain is going to tell you that since you spent money, it really is awesome.

The only thing they do is boost the pedal position sensor voltage. So, the car thinks you pressed the pedal down faster/farther.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your brain is going to tell you that since you spent money, it really is awesome.

The only thing they do is boost the pedal position sensor voltage. So, the car thinks you pressed the pedal down faster/farther.
Pc makes the driving experience MUCH better

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
All it does is alter the % that the throttle is open to in relation to the pedal. Either way, you car isn't any faster going WOT. Less pedal to get the car going though.

Not my cup of tea but whatever makes people feel happy.

Reactions: YoItsMe

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have any personal experience, but the majority of the reviews I have seen for what ever Peddle device you're look at talk about the responsiveness of the throttle. As stated above, your car won't go faster, but when you press the peddle it will respond faster. The flip side being that you can put your car in Eco-mode if you have kids that borrow the car or if you're interested in fuel economy.

Personally I would recommend that you go with the Banks Peddle Monster, if you wanted to get one, but again I don't have any personal experience. This is purely based on my opinion of Banks products.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All it does is alter the % that the throttle is open to in relation to the pedal. Either way, you car isn't any faster going WOT. Less pedal to get the car going though.

Not my cup of tea but whatever makes people feel happy.
Not trying to stir the pot here, but once you've driven a hemi car/truck/suv with a pedal commander you'll never want to drive one without it. Even after my tune, it still is a much more enjoyable drive with it than without.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 for pedal commander. been on my '15 r/t for almost 2 years and still love it.

doesn't change power, but reduces pedal travel for the power to come on. also makes it easier to feather the throttle response. feels like more of a direct connection to the drivetrain.

biggest thing is finding a setting that works best for your vehicle. if set too sensitive the throttle gets jumpy. once you find the sweet spot it's really nice. i think mine is set at city +1.

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 for pedal commander. been on my '15 r/t for almost 2 years and still love it.

doesn't change power, but reduces pedal travel for the power to come on. also makes it easier to feather the throttle response. feels like more of a direct connection to the drivetrain.

biggest thing is finding a setting that works best for your vehicle. if set too sensitive the throttle gets jumpy. once you find the sweet spot it's really nice. i think mine is set at city +1.
Before the tune and rear change, I drove in city +4. After, I've been driving in regular sport. It is very sensitive, but you get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2020 RT Destroyer Grey Blacktop
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it decrease fuel economy a lot? That might be a dumb question.... My first thought is that it does because it's electronically mashing the throttle down for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does it decrease fuel economy a lot? That might be a dumb question.... My first thought is that it does because it's electronically mashing the throttle down for you.
to be honest, i didn't notice a change in mpg. probably depends on what type of driving you do (city/hwy) and how aggressive you drive. eco mode still works if you want, but mine is always off. :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not trying to stir the pot here, but once you've driven a hemi car/truck/suv with a pedal commander you'll never want to drive one without it. Even after my tune, it still is a much more enjoyable drive with it than without.

I hear you but you're also assuming I haven't tried it or owned one. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hear you but you're also assuming I haven't tried it or owned one. :)
Thinking it's not worth it made me believe you must not have ever tried or owned one. I literally don't know anyone with a performance hemi vehicle who doesn't believe it should be one of your 1st purchases for driving fun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts