Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pedal commander in their durango? If yes does it give you more power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed it on my 2015 SXT Rallye V6 AWD Durango. It does not give any extra HP, but it does make the throttle more responsive. The drive by wire with the V6 and AWD feels like it has turbo lag. But with the the peddle commander, you can adjust the throttle response. It do provide quicker acceleration.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Durango GT New Jersey
87 Posts
I have had mine for three days now. I have the 3.6L V6 AWD engine. It increases the throttle response, does not increase HP. With the Pedal Commander the throttle response is sick. I have absolutely no lag in City , Sport and Sport Plus. Although there is no extra HP, it feels like there is. I highly recommend this product. It is well worth the money.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took my Pedal Commander out today. It started accelerating with out pressing the gas and if I took my foot off the brake it would take off. It starting doing this about a month ago and finally I decided to just remove it. I do not recommend this product.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but glad you chose safety as priority. I have the Jet Performance version of the pedal commander and I've experienced my truck kinda lunging forward. I'm not sure if it was due to the Jet products or the fact that I was in traffic and motor/trans was getting hot(over 220 at the time). I haven't experienced the lunging any other time since the one incident, so I'm inclined to think it was an overheating issue.

I took my Pedal Commander out today. It started accelerating with out pressing the gas and if I took my foot off the brake it would take off. It starting doing this about a month ago and finally I decided to just remove it. I do not recommend this product.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It gives you better Throttle response but not more power. I had it in mine but sold it. It kept surging about every other start up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
How it could actually give you more power?
It does not give more power, nor does it give better acceleration. It only amplifies the voltage, making the throttle open more for the amount of distance you press the pedal. Your foot can do the exact same thing, just push the pedal down further.

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts