Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... although the option to turn on or off passive entry is available on screen (settings, doors and lock, passive entry) on my SXT, mine does not work. Was at the dealer today and they scheduled me for day after tomorrow to check it. According to them, they have not seen any of this. Anyone with this issue?
Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
12,620 Posts
One thing I have found is that if my fob and my phone are right next to each other, passive entry usually won't work.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
I had this once and my phone and fob were in same pocket as Tom stated
Just hit unlock and lock from remote and unlock again and it reset the system in my D
Never failed since
STEVE

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Had that happen early days of owning her. Now that Tom mentioned it, I believe my phone did disable it. I tried to open door and trunk without FOB and nothing, I think I even attempted the FOB with phone in-hand (carrying a project and did not want to put down) and fob didn't work, I pulled key out to unlock, opened, tried the master switch, it worked, put project into truck after pushing trunk release. closed doors, locked and tried again, that time it worked. I spent the next 90 seconds wondering if I needed to make a call to dealership. It's been fine ever since, now my phone is in a belt clip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was happening in my 15 durango citadel. Got the service keyless system message then the next day all passive entry options were not working. Through some investigation I have found that there is a second antenna system inside the rear passenger door. You must remove the door pad to access this. After checking all the connections inside the door and reseatng the plug under the tailgate the problem was solved and everything was working normally again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts