Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this may have been answered previously but I can't seem to find it. I recently purchased a 2020 Durango rt and have not been able to get the passive entry to work. I've checked within the uconnect system and it is set up to allow for passive entry. I come here looking for tips and tricks to avoid a trip to the dealership!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats correct, doesn't open when I grab the handle. It also does not allow me to press the button on the handle to lock it.

It's really not a big deal, more a nuisance than anything.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Durango
396 Posts
theres only a few things that cause the passive to not work..1 is dead key fob battery and 2nd would be a problem with either the antennas or the RFH hub...you may need to get a scan to see what module isnt responding.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey all, this may have been answered previously but I can't seem to find it. I recently purchased a 2020 Durango rt and have not been able to get the passive entry to work. I've checked within the uconnect system and it is set up to allow for passive entry. I come here looking for tips and tricks to avoid a trip to the dealership!
Hi Theantwon,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: SteveMLS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! I was wondering if you were able to figure out what happened or what you did to get it fixed. I’m having the same problem and it’s a bit inconvenient for me as I have kids and hate having to look for my keys when trying to open door. I have had my car for 4 years now so I’m very used to just unlocking my car without having to use the fob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey did you get this issue resolved? I recently purchased a 2021 Durango rt and mine suddenly stopped working

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found some info on this, it’s a very common issue…the back floor panel when you lift the tailgate…right next to weather strip. It pops off no tools needed. After you get it off, there is a little connector about center of the floor under the plastic…mine was broke in my 2020, never had the panels been removed or any damage to the area. But sure enough mine was broke off, 2 little pins were exposed. Mine broke from base where it plugged in, I bent wires back straight, popped green clip on connector and pulled the broke piece off. Plugged it in and now everything works fine…trying to find out what part it is…

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found some info on this, it’s a very common issue…the back floor panel when you lift the tailgate…right next to weather strip. It pops off no tools needed. After you get it off, there is a little connector about center of the floor under the plastic…mine was broke in my 2020, never had the panels been removed or any damage to the area. But sure enough mine was broke off, 2 little pins were exposed. Mine broke from base where it plugged in, I bent wires back straight, popped green clip on connector and pulled the broke piece off. Plugged it in and now everything works fine…trying to find out what part it is…
That fixed it! Thank you for sharing.
Looked like the dealership had unplugged mine for some reason?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Holy crap this worked for me as well, not sure what the dealership was doing in the back, but it was disconnected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts