Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2019 Durango and we are having an issue with getting the passenger side rear entertainment screen to work. When we put a dvd in, both screens turn on and say “reading.” But then only the driver side comes on with the menu selection screen for the movie. When we begin to play it, the driver side plays, but the passenger side still does not do anything. We made sure to have disk as the selected source, but no matter what else we’ve tried I can not get anything to play on it. Any one have any idea why? Or any tips? The screen turns on, and the fact that it shows “reading” when a movie is put in, I’m assuming means all is connected right.
Thank y’all for the help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Gesture

Mine is a 2015, so I am not sure if your 2019 is different, but are you using the screen "1" or screen "2" selector switch on the remote when you are setting the program source? (On my 2015, each screen is controlled individually including power on-off based on the "1" or "2" setting).

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
That doesn't even resemble the remote in my '16. Is yours aftermarket? I never even look at mine though as the movies play on both screens immediately. The real weak spot is aftermarket headphones. :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
That doesn't even resemble the remote in my '16. Is yours aftermarket? I never even look at mine though as the movies play on both screens immediately. The real weak spot is aftermarket headphones. :mad:
Nope, it's the factory remote that came with the car. (Note the Uconnect on the bottom of the remote.). In my '15, the remote and the factory headphones work very well. It's just that there is very little documentation on how to use them, but....I have a ten year old nephew that rides in the back seat who has it figured out and can explain it to me.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,387 Posts
Hmm. I'll have to look at mine again since I never do look at it. You're probably right and I just don't remember what it looks like. Gotta love those kids and their smarts to figure stuff out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts